The Center for Community Health and Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer
CHAD’s knowledge of the context and local terrain has catalyzed partnerships with various reputable International and national non-governmental organizations. CHAD’s wealth of experience in program design and implementation has led to sustained engagements with communities, partners in the public and humanitarian sectors and has further resulted to steady contributions to sectoral objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the Program Coordinator, coordinate the implementation of the project activities; hold planning meetings with the project team before and after every activity/ event implemented. Minutes of these meetings must be well documented and filed for easy reviews.
- Assist and Support the Program Officer in providing field leadership and guidance to the team, ensuring you constantly seek proper guidance in line with the CHAD Int`l project and Organization Policies.
- Be responsible for day to day running of field activities and following up on the necessary logistics and coordination of their use in the field.
- Identifying potential bottlenecks to the project.
- Assist the M&E in compiling the field reports for each respective community
- Ensure data during the Community Development Planning sessions are well captured in order to compile comprehensive field reports and the draft plans for each respective community or project site.
- Establish and maintain good public relations with the stakeholders of the project and not compromising the ethical standards of the governance Project and that of the Organization
- Lead internal communication initiative in order to facilitate people’s integration and professional development and to maximize their capabilities and commitment to project`s goals.
- In close collaboration with the coordination team, define and plan project objectives and priorities, identifying education needs, analysis context and humanitarian issues at stake, risks and constrains and calculating human and financial needs.
- Closely Work with the M&E Officer to ensure the proper identification of activity/ event project participants are in accordance with the donor`s approved guidelines and in a transparent manner.
- Write and submit weekly, monthly and quarterly activity plans from the overall CSOs work plan provided by Donor for the project.
- Provide timely and high-quality reports to the Officer on project evaluation and propose amendment if needed.
- Perform any other duties assign or asked of you that are in line with the CHAD Int`l project.
Required Qualifications, Competences and Experience
- A Degree in International Relations, Education, Social work or a related field of study
- 3-5 years professional experience as Project officer and working in experience in humanitarian sector.
- Spoken and written language skills in English is a must.
- Proven experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams is required.
Other knowledge, additional competences:
- Result and quality oriented
- Behavioral flexibility
- Commitment to CHAD International principles
- Understanding of humanitarian operations and principles, standards and best practices
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 10th January, 2022.