Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Proposals Specialist – Oilfield Equipment
Job ID: R48832
Location: Onne, Rivers
- Are you a Tender / Proposals Specialist looking for a new direction?
- Are you passionate about building relationships and ensuring customer success? Join our Commercial team!
- Our Commercial Team provides a best in class service to our employees and global organization. We provide support relating to commercial proposals for all product lines. Our team partners with the business to continuously improve our processes and performance.
- You will prepare proposals and bids, participate in negotiation and compliance with contract commitments and commercial risk assessment. You will contribute to the operational plan of our department.
As a Proposals Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Being responsible for developing and preparing proposals in response to customer enquiries and services contract call-offs.
- Taking ownership for the commercial process in compliance with the commercial policy, deal management guidelines and delegations of authority.
- Taking full ownership for the quality of the written proposal – both in terms of content and presentation.
- Ensuring that tools such as Deal Machine, OneDrive and XaitPorter are used during the tendering process as per process.
- Driving any commercial matters that could influence the proposal and support the Sales, ODM and Commercial team.
- Being responsible for the proposal/tender integrity, securing and documenting all required signoffs.
Fuel Your Passion
To be successful in this role you will
- Have Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Engineering, Business or other technical business-related field or proven experience in commercial operations.
- Have excellent appreciation of legal aspects and implications of contracts, terms and conditions, negotiation, to allow constructing contracts whilst minimizing risk
- Have the ability to present clearly to customer and managers.
- Have a valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate ( please indicate clearly on resume).
- Have at least 3 years commercial and tendering experience in the Oil & Gas industry
- Have commercial acumen and clear understanding of how to drive the commercial process and be an effective team member.
- Have the ability to engage cross functional teams to address complex tenders and develop coherent proposals.
Work in a way that works for you:
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us:
- Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
- We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other
Working for You
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law