Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Prosell Project Assistant
Requisition ID: 11042
Location: Project LGAs in Taraba, Nigeria
Job Family: Program
Internal Job Grade: E1- national
Contract type: Fixed Term
Reporting to: Project Manager
Staff reporting to this post: None
- To promote agriculture-driven economic growth and improve the living conditions for 10,000 rural farmer households with a specific focus on women (60% women) and youth.
- Oxfam seeks to fill the position of Project Assistant – Taraba state project office for her EU-funded PROSELL project which aims at building food security and resilience in Taraba State.
- The project will build resilience of small-scale farmers, fishermen and livestock owners (women, youth, and vulnerable households) in commodity value chain and rural enterprise in 6 LGAs of Taraba State.
- The jobholder will support the Project Manager in managing Oxfam-EU funded PROSELL Project and other assigned related strategy development activities. He or she will work closely with the project team in monitoring and reporting all project activities between Oxfam and relevant stakeholders involved in the project implementation.
- Ensuring the delivery of agreed planned strategies in the project communities to achieve targets that will have significant impact.
- Supporting the maintenance of effective partnerships with NGOs, government line ministries and relevant stakeholders for long-term sustainability of the PROSELL project.
- Represent PROSELL Project Manager in community meetings and some external engagements in relation to the PROSELL project as will be assigned to him or her by the Project Manager.
- Support in Planning of fundraising, and ensure proper reporting of activities and demonstrate accountability to stakeholders.
- Tracks and records all relevant information/figures necessary for reporting
- Documents all project lessons learned and best practices.
- Supports in reviewing and updating project work plans, including implementing partner’s work plans.
- Supports with the development of monthly project report, project implementation follow-up, field visits reports and weekly plans.
- Leads on daily follow-up on monthly and weekly planning of activities in coordination with the project Manager.
- Ensure that the notion of “women’s rights at the heart of Oxfam’s work” is enshrined in all the work s/he undertakes.
- Support in assessing community food security situations, and suggesting effective ways of designing, implementing, and scaling up Food Security and Livelihood activities.
- Support in the development of PROSELL project’s Procurement plans, in coordination with the Project Manager.
- Maintains Oxfam’s procedures by keeping project records and documentation.
- Conducts him/her self within the provisions of Oxfam’s code of conduct and policy(ies).
- Reports all Project activities and progress to the Project Manager.
- Performs any other duties assigned by the Project Manager
- Minimum of First Degree in Agriculture, Agric-economics, Food Security, Climate Change or any related field of study.
Experience & Competence:
- 3- 4 years’ experience in implementing agriculture value chain projects..
- Proven experience in project cycle management, with ability to ensure consistent quality against standards and to implement effective monitoring and evaluation systems to assess and adjust performance.
- Very good understanding of Nigeria’s agriculture policy processes including budgeting and community engagement.
- Strong analytical skills and experience using a computerised information management system (Ms. Word, Excel etc.).
- Commitment to policies and experience of promoting women’s rights and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of work.
- Understanding of and commitment to One Program Approach (linking development & influencing work).Experience in working in a multi-national/ cultural environment..
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organising and documentation skills
- Ability of working with networks, coalitions and in complex and diverse partnership approaches across the spectrum of Oxfam’s work, including innovative approaches to capacity strengthening of partner organizations and coordination structures.
- Good knowledge of and experience with donor funding and excellent financial management skills, with experience of project budgeting, controlling, and financial risks.
- Strong organisational and personal management skills, with ability to prioritise work issues to meet deadlines with minimal supervision and adjust to constantly changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and one of the main local languages widely spoken in northern Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 7th February, 2022.