The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protocol and Event Coordinator
Location: Ivory Coast
- Ready to lead a new era in African football?
- You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to elevate the organization to the highest international standards? CAF is looking to recruit a Protocol and Event Coordinator.
- CAF is looking for a Protocol and Event Coordinator, to ensure the successful operational delivery of the biennial competition, we have set up a local events team. Its aim is to improve the experience of teams, guests, fans, and spectators by delivering successfully across all operational areas.
- This role is a temporary contract, and the role will be based in Côte d’Ivoire.
- Support the Protocol & Event Manager with developing and implementing the CAF Protocol guidelines for the tournament.
- Coordinate arrangements and contacts with internal departments, external stakeholders, and guest groups.
- Plan and coordinate specific assigned tasks in accordance with the project outline.
- Administer all protocol services, including preparing seating documents, advising on forms of address and ceremonial matters and welcoming guests.
- Use of event-specific tools and cooperation on the further development of an event-specific IT environment.
- Draft accurate and timely progress reports for the line manager.
- Prepare site visits and inspections.
- Prepare Protocol specific training documents for event workforce, contractual partners, and service providers.
- Act as a liaison with internal CAF departments and external stakeholders such as government agencies and embassies on Protocol and invitation-management topics for the tournament.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, or related fields.
- Relevant work experience and strong knowledge of Protocol and/or experience engaging with people in particular positions of influence and importance.
- Ideally experience within a sport/event organisation or in a mega project, preferably a world class sport event.
- Strong administrative skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- High level of diplomacy and customer service.
- 1 to 3 years in hospitality and/or guest services in the event industry or large-scale guest servicing operations.
- Fluent in English and French Languages, both written and spoken; command of (Arabic and/or Portuguese) is a Plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and References) in English or French to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 15th October, 2022.
- Only qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, race, age, skin colour, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or on any other grounds.
- If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for a top international sporting organization
- Only direct applications who meet all the required criteria will receive consideration