Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PS Core Operation & Maintenance Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
PS Core, Operations to ensure Uninterrupted Voice and Data Service Delivery:
- Perform day to day operations & management, fix alarms and resolve incidents, prepare daily health check status and report to TL
- Perform Change Management, performance & optimization through O&M and Performance Management processes 2
- Implement all BISP related tasks and perform duties within BISP framework.
- Perform NOC integration for alarm reporting & escalation.
- Execute patches and support update/upgrade process
- Perform ATP, UAT on services and nodes
- Support TSG team in resolving customer complaints
- Ensure all Faults, Trouble Tickets & Incidents are recorded and addressed within SLAs. Documentation of all such events are prepared with RFO, RCA and RCF. Weekly and monthly report of such incidents are prepared to do analytic study on them by TL and reduce incidents
- Update Solution document, HLD, DLD, LLD along with Network Diagram
- Keep document management updated
Capacity Optimization, Availability & Performance Management:
- Perform adequate day to day capacity optimization, of all nodes, interfaces MPC/EPC & AAPCN related Nodes – in accordance with network growth and projections.
- Continuously being the loop of the network traffic, licenses, trends and various parameters to ensure the Network elements are operating as expected. Where required, take corrective action with input from TL and Group Planning team
Support in Expansion & Evolution of Core Network:
- Understand the business requirements and impact on the IP backbone and data network infrastructure.
- Support expansion of nodes well in advance. .
- Support evolution of AAPCN to best industry practices.
- Maintain high Team Harmony and Engagement at all times with both internal and external teams and stakeholders
- Ensure that the Vendor Customer Support and supplier vendors are engaged at all times to deliver high quality output expected first time right.
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Telecommunication / Electronic Engineering / Computer Science
- Detailed working Telecommunications Knowledge
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Detailed understanding of IP/MPLS and its role in the Telecommunications industry.
- A basic understanding of 3GPP /ITU-T and ETSI standards is required.
- 2-5 years hands-on working experience in large Mobile Network Operator with the MPC or EPC domains.
- Multivendor experience – Including experience with Charging nodes interaction in data networks.
- Experience on Sy, ESy, Pre-Sy, PCRF interactions with Charging System
- Experience of deployment of key network systems through the delivery life cycle from initial design to full operational handover
- Experience in measuring and analyzing network KPI ‘key performance indicators’.
- Good understanding of the commercial deployment of EPC/LTE, which could includes hands-on operations, test and/or deployment. Understanding of the evolution of 3G networks moving towards 4G.
- Detailed understanding of IP technology
- Tracing and analysis acumen and experience on end to end E2E service flow.
- Personal Integrity and good interpersonal relationship
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good practical skills in troubleshooting and fault resolution for supporting operations teams as an escalation point.
- Highly organized and good at implementation
- Self-motivational skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender.
- All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs