Manz Incorporated Limited, an Oil and Gas Services company is recruiting suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: QHSE Officer
Location: Bogije, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The QHSE Officer is responsible for developing, maintaining and implementing Company Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) Management System.
- The QHSE Officer will be fully responsible for implementing safe systems of work and safe behavioral practices at all levels of the organization.
- This position provides QHSE guidance to the organization and supports the operation process in order to maintain and continually improve the safety culture and performance, in line with the organization’s needs to comply with business objectives in the short, medium and long terms and in accordance with the terms of our various contracts and the Integrated Management System.
Overall Responsibilities, Delegated Authorities and Accountability
- Develop, implement and improve QHSE management systems, processes and procedures to support business operations in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 & OSHAD-SF.
- Communicates information on the QHSE Management System throughout the organisation and promotes HSE awareness through various communication channels i.e.inductions, training, campaigns, flyers, discussions, emails etc. in consultation with all relevant departments.
- Prepare QHSE documentation for clients, Tenders/projects as per the requirements and in consultation with the BD / Operations team.
- Undertake QHSE inspections internally and with third parties (contractors) as per the approved inspection program of The Company. Follows up on the preventive and / or corrective actions identified during the inspections and monitors the timely closing of the actions in coordination with other departments.
- Actively participate in the HSE incident investigations and prepare required reports in consultation with management.
- Act as the The COMPANY representative in all Clients and regulatory QHSE meetings, committees and seminars.
- Diligently performs any other reasonable work or related tasks at the request of his/her manager.
- Draws up a Quality Control Plan and Project Quality Procedures which guarantee compliance with contractual requirements and ISO Standards
- Ensuring the promotion of customer focus throughout the organization.
- Develops, facilitate and review QHSE risk assessments for routine and non-routine activities in consultation with the operations team.
- Record QHSE key performance indicators on a monthly basis and issue reports as necessary. Suggest and advise changes to ensure continuous improvement on any additional effective KPIs to be added in the system as part of continual improvement.
- Develops, implements and encourages the behavioral based safety culture in the organization through safe job observations and top management inspections.
- Perform daily walk throughs in The COMPANY facilities and / or in The COMPANY clients’ premises to monitor and promote a safe workplace.
- Support other QHSE staff and contract managers as and when required.
QHSE (Corporate Responsibilities):
- Understand, implement and follow the Clients / QHSE policies.
- Report any HSE incident immediately as per The COMPANY HSE procedures.
- Implement and coordinate QHSE procedures onsite.
- Take initiative and always act in a professional and ethical manner.
- Represent The COMPANY in a courteous, helpful and business-like behavior.
- Adhere to and encourage adherence to all corporate policies and procedures.
- Lead by example, be friendly and helpful.
- Maintain an uncompromised level of confidentiality and integrity related to all The COMPANY information and operation in general.
Organizing and Reporting:
- Ensure that reporting is performed promptly and accurately.
- Organize soft & hard files with focus on digitalization.
- Produce and update reports within specified time as required.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in HSE or relevant
- Should hold NEBOSH International General Certificate as a minimum.
- At least 5 years of proven oil and gas experience.
- Good knowledge of ISO 9001 management practices
- General knowledge of QMS and HSE principles.
- Innovative and continual improvement mindset.
- Effective problem identification and problem solving.
Teamwork and Collaboration:
- Maintain coordination and effective working relationships with Clients and THE COMPANY teams.
- Train, assist and develop The COMPANY colleagues.
- Maximum flexibility due to the nature of work.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict handling skills.
- Participate in overtime tasks as required from time to time.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Report all relevant information to management promptly and accurately.
- Ensure effective and prompt communication at all times.
- Able to transfer knowledge to colleagues, interns and students.
- Ensure proper record keeping.
- Communicate accurately, correctly, timely, effectively and in an appropriate manner using email, documentation and verbally.
- Good command of written and spoken English is a must.
- Good command of Arabic is an advantage.
Organizing and Reporting:
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Excellent report writing skills with attention to detail, correctness and accuracy with good use of English and technical terminology.
- Able to create new reports and tools for use by employees and management.
- Excellent workload and time management.
- Proficiency in Google suite and apps.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Position they are applying for as the title of their email.
Note: Candidates residing in Island, Lekki – Ajah axis are encourage to apply
Application Deadline 31st January, 2021.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter