StreSERT Services Limited is a professional and dynamic business support Services Company established to offer quality Outsourcing services to corporate organizations.
Job Title: Quality Control Manager – Healthcare
Job Code: QCNTRL-HC
The Quality Control Manager shall be responsible for implementing and facilitating channels of supervision and driving compliance within medical and nonmedical departments to ensure that the hospital delivers high-quality medical services in a systemic manner. He/She shall also be responsible for promoting a team approach, reflecting the professionalism and commitment to delivering premium patient care, and ensuring strict adherence to hospital policies, procedures and professional conduct.
The post holder may be required to work weekends or extra hours during peak season or busy periods.
• Drive the standardisation and continuous improvement of all work processes, medical and non-medical, towards recognised standards of quality and excellence.
• Develop and implement a monitoring and evaluation framework to supervise medical practice that guarantees high-quality clinical outcomes; providing supervision and advice on clinical activities, including outpatient and inpatient services, ward rounds, and surgical interventions; and promoting a culture of learning.
• Engage and ensure all medical departmental heads drive department wide compliance in line with organisational policies and national clinical ethics.
• Develop and implement a patient feedback framework and conduct regular patient feedback analysis, and take up finding with associated departments to resolve patient complaints and ensure patient satisfaction.
• Strategic Leadership:
- Develops and implements strategies to ensure that staffs comply with quality assurance guidelines; monitors service quality and investigate incidents and patient’s complaints in the hospital.
- Schedule and facilitate monthly management meetings together with clinical heads of department and provide leadership in the formulation, implementation, and review of resolutions and compliance with all internal standard operating procedures (SOPs) and treatment protocols; ensures adherence at all levels in the facility with hospital and ethical standards.
- Promotes the use and internal consumption of collected data within the facility to inform decisions impacting patient care, financial management, and clinical outcomes. Lead the IT team and other heads of departments in data analysis and interpretation.
- Supervises senior hospital management team activities, ensuring that patients and staff concerns and needs are attended to and that departments are managed proactively with a view to improving efficiency and maintaining professional etiquette.
- Together with the senior resident medical officers, organizes and facilitates capacity-building sessions for other staff members through mentoring, coaching, in-service training, and continuing medical education (CME).
• Human Resource Management:
- Oversee the personnel recruitment and selection process; periodical and annual appraisals; performance reviews and discipline. Ensures that all medical staff in contact with patients are licensed by their respective professional body; that the licenses are up to date and that a record of such license is kept in the staff personnel files.
- Oversee the individual performance and development needs of staff members to ensure employees are high performing and engaged, continuous medical educations frameworks such as workplace skill quotients test, systematic performance indicators and training needs assessment to inform management on staff progress, weaknesses, roadblocks, training needs and relevant performance details
- Drive good governance by ensuring departmental adherence to internal policies.
- Promotes and nurtures a culture of good stewardship, accountability, and transparency at all levels of hospital operations.
- Monthly management meeting reports
- Staff performance report
- Training need reports
- Departmental compliance reports.
- Excellent communications skills
- Adeep passion for access to healthcare and social change.
- Strong administrative skills, with the ability to manage a busy workload, to prioritise work and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong writing skills including development of documentation on performance reports.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; knowledge of the local vernacular and native tongue is a plus.
- Knowledge of computerized hospital management systems is an advantage.
- Basic knowledge of quality management.
- Management of people including cross-cultural teams.
- A diplomatic personal style, with excellent communication, networking, and management skills is an advantage.
- Exceptional ability to deal with conflict, lead change and to present ideas that motivate staff to strive for increased achievement of the organization’s mission, vision, and strategic goals and objectives.
- Exceptional demonstrated interest and ability to lead and inspire individuals and teams and to coach and develop staff.
- Demonstrated ability to model teamwork behaviours – team building skills.
- Committed to making equal opportunities and diversity a reality.
- Good political and cultural sensitivity and judgment.
- Ability to work and lead in an intense and fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working in an environment of diversity (diversity of gender, tribe, language and discipline)
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
• Academic and Professional
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in public health, administration, human resource or a related field. Professional certifications are an advantage.
- Minimum 2 years’ demonstrated experience working in health institutions and health programs.
- At least three years of managerial experience in a medical organisation.
Method of Application