NPG Farms Hatchery & Agro Allied Services – We are an agricultural establishment that is committed to producing and marketing best quality poultry and farm products. We have been in operations for close to two decades.
We are currently undergoing a massive re-engineering and expansion process that require to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Quality Control Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Quality Control Officer will ensure consistent product quality of all farms products hatched and slaughter. He will Identify potential issues in all phases of operations and implement corrective action promptly.
- QCO will ensure all farms products leaving the premises conform with Company’s food standard, Regulatory Food Safety Audit and customers specifications.
- The Quality Control Officer will report directly to the Head of Operations and will be directly supervised by both Slaughter House Manager, HOO.
Specific Duties will include but not limited to:
- Monitor and supervise the processing of hatch eggs to ensure all parameters that will guarantee DOC quality are observed and maintained.
- Develop process and follow through in slaughtering steps
- Ensure sound and Good Manufacturing Process is strictly observed at all time both in Hatchery, Slaughtering processes and the Company outlets
- Supervise, train and motivate employees to achieve Company’s goals.
- Assist in implementing, maintaining, evaluating, enforcing, and updating regulatory, Corporate Guidelines and QC Programs.
- Interface with Supervisors, Head of Sales, HOO and employees in Hatchery, Slaughter house and outlets on food safety, quality of chicken dispatched, received and ensure compliance with customer specifications and regulatory bodies.
- Strict implementation of sound sanitary of cold rooms, environment and usage of PPE by employees.
- Develop a dashboard to present performance of Hachery, Slaughter House and Outlets on Food Safety, GMP, Integrity of Scaling, use of PPE, Products and Regulatory Compliance.
- Ensure the packaging of chicken and farm products are top notch and conform with all regulatory and customer specifications.
- Ensure integrity of scaling devices is maintained both in packaging, recording, labelling and in Outlets.
- Overhaul the processing of farms products in the slaughter house and hatchery to ensure it conform with NAFDAC, SON, Environmental and other regulatory bodies.
- Visit outlets and inspect equipment used in frozen of farm products tha are kept in sound sanitary conditions and conform with regulatory specifications.
- Solely responsible for Quality of output in Hatchery and Slaughter House and our outlets
- Interface with all regulatory bodies, monitor schedule of inspections, prepare all medical, water analysis and environmental tests and ensure they conform with the all regulatory bodies requests.
- B.Sc Degree / HND qualification (preferably Food Science or Meat / Poultry Science)
- Minimum of 2-5 years Food Processing and Quality Management Experience.
- Must be detailed oriented. Have strong mathematical and analytical aptitude.
- Able to prioritize/adjust quickly to changing work environment with minimal supervision to meet changing plant needs.
- Experienced in Food Safety/Regulatory Audit and Demands
- Able to work long and flexible hours.
- Must have the ability to make sound judgment and good decisions regarding quality and wholesomeness of product.
- Strong Leadership. Managerial Skills and the ability to coach and develop employees
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: If you are qualified for the above position and willing to work and live in Oyo state, please forward your CV
Application Deadline 31st March, 2021.