Layer3 is one of the fastest growing network and security infrastructure companies in West Africa, providing award-winning services, including managed and cloud services, network security, IT infrastructure management, virtualization and mobile device management solutions.
Our unique model integrates best-of-breed technologies from global leaders such as Juniper Networks, Blue Coat, Polycom, AirWatch, F5, Extreme Networks and VMware, coupled with our next-generation metro fiber networks, to offer unparalleled services and after sales support to some of the most demanding customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Human Resources Business Partner
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Job
- In this position, the HR Business Partner plays the vital role of providing support on a wide range of strategic and operational HR issues.
- You will work closely with leaders and team members of Layer3 to foster a vibrant, friendly work environment that promotes strong collaboration, innovation, high performance, and continuous learning.
- Your role will also involve supporting the Head HR with technical skills providing HR solutions or initiatives that will improve the company-wide Learning and Development experience; as well as performance management.
- Support the development and execution of strategy and plans from an HR perspective for the delivery of core HR services.
- Serves as a liaison between the Lagos employees and HR to understand business priorities and assess needs in staffing, organization design, performance management, change management, employee relations, talent management and career development etc.
- Recommends HR solutions, drives initiatives, implements new processes or tools in support of business priorities, project operations and overall team engagement.
- Map out training plans and schedules, designing and developing training programs (outsourced or in-house) for corporate, HR training and more.
- Choose appropriate training methods per case (virtual, simulated, mentoring, on the job training, professional development etc)
- Support the design and monitor Performance Management to enable employees and teams understand the goals of Layer3 and identify how individual and team outputs contribute to the achievement of Layer3’s objectives.
- Manage and coordinate organization-wide efforts to ensure that performance management and performance improvement programs are developed and managed using a data-driven approach that sets priorities for improvements in line with on-going strategic imperatives.
- Support with implementing recruitment plans and strategies designed to fulfil the company staffing needs.
- Use and analyse People data generated by the HR Operations to help the business make informed people decisions.
- Liaise with managers and employees on appropriate guidance channels and act as a point of escalation for key HR matters or issues that arise.
- Develop and maintain cordial relationships with all Layer3 employees. Providing HR support on all employee matters to Lagos employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- 2 – 3 years of experience in HR or related field
- A professional qualification like CIPM, CIPD or SHRM and IT Industry sector practice is desired.
- Strong organization, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to onboard new employees and manage HR tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Job Title: Product Manager (Computing & Storage)
Location: Abuja / Lagos
Employment Type: Full time
Grade Level: Experienced
Department: Business Development
Reports To: Executive Director, Strategy & Business Development
- As Product Manager, you will truly straddle the strategy and execution of the product.
- You will be responsible for managing the evolution of your product across multiple dimensions (e.g., feature & functionality, cost, risk and support), working with key internal and external stakeholders.
- As such, you will conduct analyses of market trends, customer empathy, and internal and external data to define a differentiated product vision that delivers unique value.
- You will act as the primary point of contact for all aspects of the product related to business stakeholders, partners, and customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Convert localized trends and requirements into product features.
- Define the product strategy and roadmap
- Work with OEMs and external third parties to review and develop opportunities for business
- Be an expert with respect to the competition
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product
- Perform product presentations, demos and proof of value/concept to customers
- Work with internal stakeholders to design solutions and proposals for customers
- Provide pricing and pricing templates to meet revenue and profitability goals
- Deliver a monthly/quarterly revenue forecast
- Develop sales tools and collateral
- Engage customers with Sales Team to close deals
- Propose an overall budget to ensure success
- Brief and train the sales force
- Work with Marketing to develop press releases and newsletters for customers and the public
- Work with Marketing to organize customer workshops, webinars and seminars.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a recognized Institution
- Around 5 years of relevant experience
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in a similar role
- Experience in developing business requirements/solutions
- Good to have experience working with an agile team.
Key Skills Acquired:
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service.
- Specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own initiatives, line of business, and associated stakeholders.
- Experience in computing and storage solutions, across multiple OEMs to solve business problems.
- Adapt ability to gather information and data in build, buy and partner options for solving customer problems.
- Demonstrated experience deriving key insights and patterns from customer interviews and using that input to clarify problem statements.
- Demonstrated experience navigating matrixed organizations and teams with proven success in leveraging the right people and resources at the right time for consistent and dependable delivery.
- Proven success in building, developing, leading, and motivating teams, with or without direct reporting relationships.
- Solid track record of taking end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition, with a strong focus on KPIs and metrics.
- On-call availability
- Willingness and ability to travel and be away for long periods of time at a go.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.