BlueSlip invest / partner and grow international business in African market with a focus on west Africa. BlueSlip is also management consultancy firm, helping SME expand their operations and business. We provide varied management consultancy services for organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Web Developer
- The role is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to a client’s specifications
- Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
- Regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management, as well as the authority and scope to apply your expertise to many interesting technical problems.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- The position requires constant communication with colleagues.
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc ..) is needed to be successful in this position.
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
Skills and Qualifications
Job Title: Facility Manager
- Ensure the facility is operating as it should on a daily basis. Need to complete daily inspections and communicate directly with Head, HR/Admin to ensure that the business is running smoothly every day.
- Deal with emergency issues that arise within the Company. Be involved in dealing and handling anything that breaches the safety, security, or usability of the Company facilities. Planning ahead for contingency regarding what needs to be done in the event that certain situations occur, such as equipment breaking down unexpectedly.
- Formulate plans for the future. Ensure that the facility is currently adequate and continue to be so, projecting future requirements regarding the company, and will need to work closely with the management to determine the best upgrade paths for equipment and infrastructure.
- Create plans for replacements and repairs. Management and maintenance of all equipment in the Company, plan ahead for any necessary replacements and repairs, scheduling necessary maintenance and management tasks during the times that are least likely to disrupt the business and its employees.
- Develop and manage vendor contracts. Working very closely with vendors to ensure that the company is maximizing its resources, not only to negotiate contracts, but also in charge of making sure contracts are fulfilled.
- Improving operational management systems, processes and best practices that guarantee organizational well-being
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
- Allocate office space according to needs and liaising with tenants of commercial properties
- Plan best allocation and utilisation of space, and resources for re-organising current premises
- Calculate and compare costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money;
- Coordinate and Lead one or more teams to cover various areas of responsibility
- Manage quality assurance, setting and reviewing budgets, and managing cost
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
- Develop operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management and shipping
- Analyze process workflow, employee and space requirements and equipment layout; implement changes
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Responsible for all department managers and supervisors, with review/approval responsibility for all employees and clients
- Establish contracts and pricing and ensuring proper maintenance and serving as primary liaison with utilities and local government agencies, such as fire, police, health and safety agencies
- Serve as primary point of contact when there are customer issues related to equipment quality, customer service, or accidents and mishaps on-site. In particular, this includes any issues on-site at client facilities
- Communicate customer issues with operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints
- Work closely with management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation.
- Work closely with the inventory manager and team to perform analysis of our inventory and ensure we are utilizing our inventory effectively, purchasing the right equipment, maintaining solid inventory data and reduce sub-rental expenses
- Work experience as Facility Manager with up to 8yrs
- Communication and influencing skills, in person and in writing
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to lead and manage teams and projects
- Team working
- Attention to detail but also the ability to see the implications for the bigger picture
- Commercial awareness
- Customer service
- Organisation, time management, prioritising and the ability to handle a complex, varied workload
- A good knowledge of IT packages
- BSc in social science or relevant field
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 28th February, 2020
Note: Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter