Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Relationship Manager
Job Req ID: 21328927
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Category: Institutional Sales
Job Family Group: Institutional Sales
Job Family: Investor Sales
- The principal purpose of the position is to facilitate a focused and orderly interface between GSG’s customers, all the product and service groups in order to maximize revenues from customer relationships.
The major objectives of the position are:
- Managing Citibank relationships in the GSG team
- Responsible for business development in assigned markets/industries/geographical locations within Nigeria.
- Ensure that the unit revenue goals are met
- The impact this position has on the bank is to contribute to ensuring that the franchise remains the leading bank for key sectors of the economy under Citi’s target market.
- Develop and implement continuous (independent and joint) calling programs and interactions/discussions with assigned accounts and on prospective clients to create a continuous flow of incremental business opportunities.
- To deliver client revenue growth in line with assigned goals.
- Communicate frequently with and leverage the regional and global GSG Relationship Management network of senior managers and RM’s and other global and regional partners both to win and retain business and also to effectively fulfil regional and global Relationship Management initiatives and directives.
- Credit process initiation, including proposal preparation, loan administration and remedial action as required, working in partnership with the Parent Account Relationship Management Team, Regional Account Management Teams, Control Units and relevant Citi network partners.
- Prepare quarterly credit call memo for all assigned relationships.
- Negotiation of loan/credit terms and conditions, pricing determination for various products, closing of transactions and follow up after sales.
- Understand the bank’s credit culture, adhere to credit policies and guidelines, and document and justify exceptions, where appropriate.
- Responsible jointly with Risk/analyst for initial, annual and interim credit review of all assigned relationships credit.
- Ensure the consistent, professional delivery of client management disciplines including: KYC/AML, account plans, call reporting, lead generation, CRM Usage – pipeline management, oversight for implementation rollout, and relationship reviews.
- Strategizing with Product and Client Deliver partners on information learned from clients in order to help drive product enhancement, innovation and client satisfaction
- Creating robust client account plans
- Ensuring effective communication across the regional and global RM team (e.g. call reports, CRM, emails)
- Managing sales process from idea generation to mandate
- Putting together working groups and driving the deal process
- Driving client communications including RFP responses and pitch books
- Lead and Work closely with Citi service in providing account management and customer service to key customers.
- Responsible for achieving revenue goals from assigned relationships in the most cost effective manner.
- Provide ongoing market insights to clients, from Citi’s rich repertoire.
- Maintain asset quality to avoid delinquent or impaired asset portfolio
- Frequently interact with Citi service and O&T in general and Parent Account Management teams of assigned relationship
- Frequently interact with TTS to achieve high credit cross sell ratio by actively selling cash management and trade products.
- Frequently interact with Risk and CRMS to maintain acceptable credit quality of assigned relationship.
- Frequently interact with Fixed Income, Corporate Finance, EAF and other product units to generate structured customer solutions and incremental risk assets.
- Frequently interact with relevant customers and TM prospects to generate incremental business for the bank.
- Keep abreast of regulatory / market changes and its impact on the business.
- A B.Sc / BA Degree.
- A postgraduate degree and relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years post qualification experience
- Credit and financial analysis experience
- Customer management and negotiation skills
- Ability to recognize and exploit business opportunities
- Strong Analytical skills
- Must be pro-active, with attention to detail and timeliness in delivery of work output
- Information resourcefulness
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding the impact of constant regulatory changes on customers businesses and in converting them to business opportunities
- Ability to optimally coordinate the activities of the different units within the bank in order to deliver good quality service to the customer.
- Designing strategies and products to enable Citibank stay ahead of competition
- Ability to convince customers to adhere to high compliance/ethical standards of Citibank for transaction processing in a compliant environment.
- Problem loan recognition capability
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Job Title: Sub-Saharan Africa Trade Head – MD
Job Req ID: 21301929
Time Type: Full time
Job Category: Product Management and Development
Job Family: Product Performance Management
Job Family Group: Product Management and Development
- SSA is projected to emerge from a tough economic recession triggered by the pandemic in the latter part of 2021, with recovery projections at 3.4%p.a. in part from the recovery of global and other trade corridors and resulting demand.
- Citi in SSA covers 1500 GSG, 800 Banking and FI names. 70% of revenues are attributable to our LC confirmation activities, predominantly the FI book. Citi has an estimated 9% revenue share on trade services in SSA (based on 2018 SWIFT data).
- There is a clear opportunity to grow our vanilla and structured trade finance offerings, deepen share in corporate space, and address clients by embracing digitalization and innovation for new trade products developments, and reposition the business for further growth in 2022 and beyond.
- We are looking for an ambitious leader who can lead the next wave of growth in SSA trade, by driving transformation, change and innovation.
The individual will energize the team and collaborate with partners to achieve the following broad objectives:
- Deepen acquisition of overall corporate client opportunity to reduce dependence on historical FI revenue leadership
- Deepen effectiveness & use of trade finance offering in SSA for corporates in particular, by driving a cohesive asset and product strategy to match our deposit-side optimization aspirations
- Expand our product innovation capability to address the rapid use of technology to digitize client routes to consumer, and the rapid ecosystem development we see driven by the public sector particularly around logistics, ports and other strategic infrastructures that drive trade
- Work with Credit Risk, Banking and other partners to expand the use of risk defeasance programs and deploy structured financing where warranted to take on more complex transactions.
- Attract/retain/reposition the talent bench with the skills that can achieve these goals over the next three years
- Meeting the financial goals as agreed with TTS/Trade management. This includes delivering revenue plan, monitoring all types of expenses, maximizing efficiency of capital usage, minimizing cost of credit and maximizing net income.
- Working closely with the EMEA Trade head and teams to ensure SSA is well catered for in terms of product strategy.
- Developing good working relationships with ICG client coverage and risk seniors and industry specialists responsible for Citi’s clients. This would include region and country management i.e. CCO, Banking Heads, Independent Risk etc.
- Ensure SSA at forefront of new product development and key initiatives as set by the business
- Coaching and mentoring reports (direct/ matrix) and ensuring entire trade team undertake appropriate annual training
- Work to maximize performance through driving discipline around trade scorecard targets, product knowledge training , trade risk management processes
- Implement reorganization/ right placement of trade resources to align with the overall trade transformation program underway.
- Providing support and direction into “winning” the most complex and profitable transactions
- Together with the countries and risk regularly review the credit quality of the trade portfolio to minimize cost of credit. Ensure team prioritizes credit training.
- Foster a strong “one team” mentality across the various trade product & sales teams seeking to maximize collaboration, cross-sell & team spirit in SSA and tighten connectivity and collaboration with the EMEA hub
- Strong partnership with the Trade Operations Teams constantly seeking ways to improve trade efficiency, turnaround times and ensuring we minimize operational losses/errors
- Strong partnership with Trade risk distribution to help trade effectively manage it’s balance sheet, individual credit exposures and increase skim revenues
- As the SSA Trade Head be visible in representing the business at key trade conferences (chairperson/speaker) and getting the team seniors regular opportunities for appropriate visibility
- Part of the cluster TTS and the Regional Trade management team responsible for delivering against aggressive growth targets
- Experience gained of managing a broad and complex set of trade products
- Experience gained from managing a large and geographically/culturally diversified team
- Managing a large P&L business
- Broad regional business exposure
- As part of a cluster/regional management team structure, great positioning as potential successor to senior roles at the cluster or regional level
- Masters Degree preferred
- Extensive trade experience in global or Emerging market settings with complexity
- Proven track-record of team, people and business management skills
- Strong credit skills and experience including broad knowledge of Citigroup credit processes
- Broad client management experience
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Superior organisational skills
- Superior strategic and analytical skills
- Superior client management & deal negotiation skills
- Ability to interact at all levels of senior management
- Exceptional organization and process management ability.
- Excellent talent manager, with ability to attract and retain top talent
- Proven team player with ability to motivate and influence at senior leadership levels
- Superior interpretive and problem solving skills.
- Ability to operate in a complex matrix environment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply