The Nigerian Institute of Building (NIOB) is the professional body for Builders and those who are about to be engaged in the Building Profession.
The Nigerian institute of Building offers challenging job opportunities allowing a versatile and self-motivated experienced professional to contribute to the achievement of the Institute’s strategic goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chartered Accountant
Job: Type Full time
- To serve as Head Accounts, support the Internet Audit committee and identity and manage all threats to the Institute’s business objectives in line with the financial guidelines.
- Conducts REGULAR SYSTEM audit renews to detect controls, duplicated efforts, fraud or non-compliance with regulations, and management policies
- INITIATES changes necessary to maintain the integrity of the Accounting system
- Reviews monthly journals, bank statements, payment vouchers, credit notes, and bank deposits
- CONDUCTS assets verification
- Applies the concepts of Enterprise Risk Management to help the Institute identify, assess, mitigate and proactively consider merging risks
- Carries out regular monitoring of compliance to the financial guidelines arid procedures, ensures all findings are properly documented and necessary changes made
- Partners with the other units/departments to identify compliance requirements for new or changing processes.
- B.Sc/HND in Accounting with ACA, ACCA Professronal qualification
- 4-8 years in cognate post qualification experience in similar role
- Previous Working experience in a similar professional or research institute.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Risk management
- Risk assessment
- Internal controls
- Corporate Professional Knowledge & compliance
- Information systems security
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft office Suite (Excel & Access)
- Knowledge of Accounting Software.
- 4 years (Renewable subject to protective performance)
Job Title: Executive Secretary
Job: Type Full time
He/She is expected to:
- Provide professional and leadership expertise
- Develop and implement strategies for operational excellence at the Secretariat
- Drive team performance, General administration and coordination of Staff and development.
- Day to day Management, General administration and Coordination of the Institute’s Secretariat
- Coordinating the activities of the Deputy Executive Secretary/Secretaries and directing all staff of the Institute in the performance of their scheduled duties
- Preparing and presenting periodic reports on the state of affairs of the Institutes Secretariat for the consideration of the Management Committee and/or the National Executive Council
- Scheduling the activities and appointments of the President and the Honorary General Secretary, as will be directed from time to time
- Managing the statutory and professional body expectations/relationships of the institute, and representing the Institute in associated engagements as maybe directed by the Leadership of the institute from time to time
- Coordinating the preparation of the operational budget of the institute in accordance with the financial guidelines of the institute for the Consideration of the F&GPC.
- Corporate Member of The Nigerian Institute of Building (MNIOB) with a minimum of 5 years post MNIOB relevant qualification
- Second Class Upper Degree in Business Administration, Sociology, Accountancy, Law, Economics and or professional qualification Corporate Grade in allied profession with a minimum of 5 years relevant post qualification experience
- Possession of additional post graduate qualification is an advantage.
- 4 years (Renewable subject to verifiable effective performance)
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application/CV to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 24th April, 2019.