Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) is a parastatal of the Federal Government, established through Act 91 of 1992 and charged with the responsibility of regulating and controlling the practice of pharmacy in all its aspects and ramifications.
Applications are invitied for:
Job Title: Registrar and Secretary to the Council
- The Registrar is the Head of the Head Office/Registry and offices of the PCN nationwide and serves as the Chief Executive Officer of the Council
- The Registrar shall be the Secretary to the Council and to the Disciplinary Tribunal.
- He/She shall prepare and maintain, in accordance with the rules made by the Council:
- A Register of the names, addresses, approved qualifications and particulars of all persons who are associates and members of the PCN;
- A Register of the premises, where members of the profession engage in the manufacture, distribution, sale and dispensing of drugs and medicines; and
- He shall be required to perform all the duties of his office as stipulated in the PCN Act 91 of 1992 (Now Act CAP P17, LFN 2004).
Interested candidates must satisfy the following:
- Must possess a minimum of B.Pharm or PharmD degree or such other University degrees recognized by the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN); Must be registered with the PCN and have a current practising licence issued by the PCN;
- Must have a minimum of twenty (20) years post registration and cognate experience in Pharmacy and Civil and Public Service, scheduled service or reputable institution.
- Must not be below the rank of a Director in the Civil or Public Service or any other reputable institution;
- Must not be more than 58 years as at the time of application for the post;
- Must not be facing any investigation by the Investigating Panel of the PCN, awaiting judgment by the Disciplinary Tribunal of the PCN or with criminal records; Possession of Fellowship of the West African Postgraduate College of Pharmacists (WAPCP), attainment of the rank of a Consultant Pharmacist as approved by the Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation, and possession of Postgraduate qualifications in relevant fields as well as working knowledge of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) would be added advantage.
- The position is tenured in line with the Public Service regulations in Federal Government parastatals and in case of the PCN, for four (4) years in the first instance.
Salary and Conditions Of Service
- Salary and conditions of service shall be in accordance with the Federal Public Service Salary Structure for this category of officer as may be “contained in the conditions of service for employees of the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN)”.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Twenty (20) copies of Application Letters with Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of Credentials in a sealed envelope marked “Application for the post of Registrar” at the Top left hand corner of the envelope and addressed to:
Pharmacists Council of Nigeria,
Plot 79 Idu Industrial Layout, (Near NIPRD), Idu,
P.M.B. 415, Garki,
Interested and qualified candidates can also send their Applications to: [email protected] or [email protected] using “Application for the post of Registrar” as the subject of the mail.
- The Curriculum Vitae must include names and addresses of three (3) referees;
- Candidates should request their referees to send their reference under confidential cover directly to: “The Chairman, Pharmacists Council of Nigeria”.
- Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Application Deadline 1st April, 2022.