Joseph Sarwuan Tarka University, Makurdi formally known as Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi (FUAM) was established on 1st of January, 1988 had evolved from the defunct Federal University of Technology which was established in 1980 and later became the Makurdi campus of the University of Jos (UniJos) in October, 1980.
The underlying philosophy is that the average Nigerian farmer should have easy access to the fruits of scientific agriculture. This means that the university scientific community must work on practical problems of village farmers. Also, the students to become useful and effective extension agents they must be for adequately exposed to the discipline of practical farm planning, production and marketing and a period of supervised farming internship at the village level. The university’s mission is to develop the human mind to be creative, innovative, research oriented, competent in areas of specialization, knowledgeable in entrepreneurship and dedicated to service hence the UAM logo “Innovation and Service”.
The University, hereby, calls for applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Makurdi, Benue
Employment Type: Full time
- The position of Registrar of Joseph Sarwuan Tarka University, Makurdi will become vacant with effect from 15th January, 2022. The Governing Council of the University has, therefore, decided to commence the process for appointment for a new Registrar.
- Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University.
- The person shall by virtue of the Office, be the Secretary to the Governing Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
- The successful candidate will be required to among other things, train and give good professional leadership to administrative staff to ensure efficient and effective professional administrative performance.
- Candidates must be academically alert and administratively competent.
- Candidates should have at least a (Second Class Lower Division) Honours Degree in relevant fields (e.g. Arts, Social Sciences, Administration, etc) from a recognized University.
- Possession of higher degree(s) in relevant subjects will be an advantage. Candidates must be computer- literate and member of at least two relevant Professional Bodies like NIM, IPMN, ANUPA.
- Candidates must have at least fifteen (15) years post qualification experience, 10 of which should be relevant to University Administration.
- Candidates who have not yet attained the level of Deputy Registrar or equivalent position need not apply.
- Applicants must not be more than sixty (60) years of age at the time of appointment.
- Applicants must enjoy good health to be able to endure the rigours of the duties of the Registrar.
Duration of Appointment:
- As has been specified by the Federal Universities of Agriculture Act, Cap F22, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004 as amended by the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Act, 2012, the Registrar shall hold office for 5 years in the first instance, subject to a renewal for one year based on satisfactory performance.
Conditions of Service:
- These are as approved for Federal Universities in the country and as may be modified from time to time by competent authorities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send twelve (12) copies of their Applications with photocopies of their certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating:
- Full Names
- Date and Place of Birth
- Permanent Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Educational Institutions attended with dates and qualifications obtained, including membership/fellowship of relevant professional bodies.
- Work Experience and Positions held with dates.
- Present Employer, Post and Salary
- List of Publications, if any
- Other relevant activities outside current employment.
- Major professional achievements, contributions, including awards received, if any;
- Names and Addressess of 3 Referees – one of whom should be professionally competent to assess the applicant. The referees should be requested to forward their references direct to the Vice-Chancellor, Joseph Sarwuan Tarka University, Makurdi.
All applications should be addressed and sent to:
Joseph Sarwuan Tarka University,
P.MB. 2373, Makurdi,
Benue State, Nigeria.
Note: Only applications of those who may be shortlisted for interview will be acknowledged
Application Deadline 8th September, 2021.