Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Relationship Analyst
Job ID: 20225875
Job Category: Institutional Banking
- The Global Subsidiaries Group serves a select number of the world’s leading multinational companies.
- Our bankers are relationship managers who build and grow our long-term relationship with these clients. They orchestrate the delivery of Citi’s vast global product platform and develop integrated financing strategies, by acting as a primary point of contact with the clients, and by working closely with Citi’s Banking, Capital Markets & Advisory, Risk, Compliance, Treasury & Trade Services and Markets & Securities Services divisions.
- The RA team sits within the Global Subsidiaries Group and assists in managing the global relationships with key clients
- The RA would cover corporate clients across different industries, becoming an integral part of the Global Subsidiaries Group team.
- The RA coordinates and addresses a broad range of topics for clients, delivering best services, and handles a significant volume of day-to-day requests / issues from internal functions.
- Build a trusted relationship with internal partners and clients as appropriate, providing support on routine requests, navigate Citi’s extensive network of 100+ countries and coordinate local coverage, controls and product support, problem escalation and resolution, driving customer satisfaction.
- Co-ordinate credit requests from the network and request appropriate approvals from Risk, as such assisting both revenue generation and protection for Citi.
- Support the annual review process and assist bankers in coordinating relationship reviews.
- Support transaction closings, ensuring facility allocation and booking of commitments.
- Support the negotiation of credit documentation requirements (e.g. Support, Credit, Cash management, Trade services, FX, etc.).
- Maintain client information database up to date following mergers, acquisitions etc.
- Support due diligence documentation, processing and approval
- Understand the Risk Policy in detail and ensure the business is operating within the policy, monitoring of credit and support documentation (e.g. Facility agreements, Support documentation, etc.).
- Administration of new and existing credit limits, collaborating with Risk, Credit Administration, Product and Loan operations teams.
- Respond to ad-hoc client requests in collaboration with bankers.
- Opportunity to work in a large and complex organization with a demanding customer base and in a challenging and changing business environment.
- Exposure to the full Citi scope of products used by our corporate clients and opportunity to develop a sound knowledge of Citi’s core product range (Loans, FX, Cash and Trade, etc.).
- Opportunity to develop a thorough understanding of the extensive business Citi does with our corporate client
- Exposure to an open and multicultural working environment.
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience.
- A postgraduate degree and relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated person to support Bankers.
- Demonstrate the ability to exercise sound judgement and use initiative, but know when to refer, ensuring Bankers are able to focus on marketing efforts and revenue generation.
- Knowledge of/experience base in institutional banking is an advantage.
- Minimum 7 years of post-qualification experience, ideally 7-10 years of experience within the banking industry.
- Analytical – Assimilating new information quickly and relating it to the needs of the client base.
- Organizational – Demonstrates strong organizational skills, awareness around priority of tasks and ability to work independently.
- Compliance – Ability to convince customers to adhere to high compliance/ethical standards of Citibank for transaction processing in a compliant environment
- Team Player – Being able to work in partnership with other individuals on day-to-day and long-term projects.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Communication – Constantly demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Interpersonal skills/Networking – Able to create and sustain good personal contacts within the team and amongst Citi’s network.
- Proactive – Prepared to take the initiative and to follow issues through, whilst exercising judgment as to when to seek assistance. Consistently client-focused and result-oriented.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and / or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter