Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) to make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Risk Partnerships Manager
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Department: Compliance & Risk
Employment Type: Full-Time
- The Risk Partnerships team at Flutterwave is primarily responsible for managing the risk and compliance function of our relationships with financial partners including acquiring banks, issuing banks, and card networks (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover).
- The team serves as the main point of contact with these partners on behalf of cross functional teams within Flutterwave in order to advocate for product and user needs that allow us to move rapidly to develop new products and expand the supportability of new user types.
- Risk Partnership Managers will navigate complex negotiations with our partners while simultaneously driving stronger alignment with them on Flutterwave’s long term roadmap.
In this role you will:
- Understand the acquiring bank, issuing bank and card network requirements that govern Flutterwave’s products.
- Develop deep relationships with leadership at our financial partners and card networks to ensure long term alignment, reducing escalations.
- Advocate for Flutterwave’s product and user needs with partners by negotiating terms of agreements, including restricted / prohibited business lists and applicability of network rules that are mis-aligned with regional needs of our users.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (e.g. Product Managers, Engineering, Compliance, User Policy, Risk Strategy, and Legal) to resolve key contractual or network rule blockers in order to expand our product offering and diversity of user types.
Required Competencies and Skills to be a Waver
- 7+ years experience in payments at a card network, an acquiring bank or related payments technology company.
- Strong project management skills.
- Solutions based mindset when working cross functionally across various stakeholders
- Negotiating with product, engineering, sales and legal to ensure alignment.
- Deep understanding of card network rules.
- Experience in external partner management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply