The Agency’s flagship programmes include the State Governor’s Special Overseas Scholarship Scheme through which it aims to enhance the state’s human capital base. Over 1,000 young Rivers State men and women, including the physically challenged are currently studying in eight overseas countries for degrees in various fields, such as medicine, engineering, ICT and geosciences.
The Rivers State Sustainable Development Agency (RSSDA) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for selection into the Governor’s Special Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Programme for 2013/2014 session in the under-listed areas:
1.) Agricultural Engineering
2.) Spatial Sciences
- Town, Urban & Regional Planning
3.) Medical Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering/Technology
- Dental Therapy
- Renal Technology
- Medical Imaging Technology
- Anaesthetic Technology
- Medical Statistics
- Plaster Technology
- Dental Technology
- Paediatric Nursing
- Ophthalmic Nursing
- Accident/Emergency Nursing
- ENT Nursing
- Pre-operative Nursing
- Must be a Graduate of a recognized University with not less than Second Class Upper honour’s degree (2:1) at the undergraduate level
- PhD candidates must have a Masters degree(not below Merit)and a good Bachelors degree (not below Second Class Upper)
- Must have completed NYSC
- Must not be below 21 years or above 35 years old. (Confirmation of age required, preferably by birth certificate)
- Must be of Rivers State Origin (Should submit a copy of LGA identification).
- Must have gained admission into any of the listed universities in the relevant field of specialization for the Masters programmes
1 Igbodo Street, Old G.R.A,
Port-Harcourt, Rivers State.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for online aptitude test through SMS, emails and notice posted on RSSDA website.
- Original copies of credentials will be sighted during the interview of shortlisted candidates.
- All application forms can also be collected and submitted to our Head office
Application Deadline 24th May, 2013
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter