Prime Atlantic Safety Services – We offer safety and emergency response training and consultancy services in the areas of Safety, Survival, Firefighting, Emergency Response training, and Consultancy Services to various industries including the oil and gas, manufacturing, construction, and more.
We pride ourselves in our excellence in service delivery, integrity, passion for safety, and great partnerships and accomplishments and we are committed to always delivering on our brand promise. We are Prime Atlantic Safety Services and we train locally to international standards.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety & Environment Advisor
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 Months
- Safe system of work implementation (HSE Risk Assessment, Job Hazard Analysis review, Toolbox Meeting and PtW compliance)
- Support controls of personal safety hazards and risks relevant to the Asset or Function. This includes enforcing the Life Saving Rules, supervising or auditing the Permit to Work process, planning and managing HSE critical activities which includes but not limited to: lifting and hoisting operations, work at height or use of radioactive sources and selecting Personal Protective Equipment
- Specify the HSSE controls required for the worksite tasks and provide HSSE risk profile data for integration into business risk mapping
- Provide HSE support in shutdown preparations: adequate HSE controls in place for positive isolation of live sections of plant (spectacle blinds, blind flanges, closed valves): demarcation of live process lines; work permit control system in place.
- Support Contractor HSE improvement program.
- Facilitate post mobilization contractor HSE audit
- Facilitate compliance with control requirements of environmental aspects and impacts relevant to Asset or Function.
- Facilitate compliance with asset waste management procedures/ requirements.
- Review key Performance Indicators for a project/Asset and support frontline leaders to improve safety performance.
- Schedule, prepare and provide material and input for the Asset/Project HSSE & SP performance review meetings.
- Ensure controls are in place for MOPO: to avoid activity clashes; minimize hazards and production deferment; meet contractual requirement for hydrocarbon delivery.
- Provide initial incident reporting with initial actions and learnings. Carry out incident classification using the Incident Classification Rules and Group. Use the Risk Assessment Matrix to determine the RAM Severity Rating and RAM Risk Rating.
- Support incident investigation to determine immediate and underlying causes using Group approved tools (TRIPOD, TRIPOD Beta, Causal Learning). Produce investigation reports which include an analysis of immediate and underlying causes, weaknesses in the HSSE-MS, recommendations and corrective actions.
- Manage global Reflective Learning and/or Learning from Incident campaigns. Assess the impact of LFI or Reflective Learning campaigns, identifies gaps and develops improvements plans.
- Support Red Banded contractor in the close out of HSE Capability gaps.
- HSE Inspection and Audits
- B.Sc., BTech, HND or OND in Science or Engineering.
- Broad knowledge of areas, fields, and trades for the operationalization of the HSSE & SP CF Management System and risk, hands-on experience in the Exploration & Production (E&P) business.
- Relevant experience in the E&P business in providing SE advisory services (>10 years). (Previous work experience with Shell Nigeria in the last 6 months or other IOCs is an added advantage.
- Membership of at least two relevant HSSE and other relevant to the area of the service) professional bodies with national and international recognitions.
- Experience in implementation of Construction sites safety standards and construction HSE requirements and
- Experience in Contract HSE Management and managing contractors work execution including mobilization process.
- Knowledge of HSSE & SP performance monitoring and reporting tools and techniques
- Audit experience in Shell HSSE & SP Control Framework, Environmental Management Systems EMS (ISO 14001), Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OŚHAS 18001).
- Experience of the relevant Shell HSE Standards and Procedures.
- Meets the Shell Group HSSE Safety Professional Competence – Minimum of Knowledge Level Profile for applicable areas of required tasks.
- Knowledge and skills for design and implementation of the relevant Shell HSSE & SP Control Framework manuals/requirements
- Knowledge and skills in the operationalization of HSE Case
- Knowledge of HSE Management Systems and techniques
- Experience in delivering HSE training, performing HSE inspection/audits and supporting incident investigation.
- Experience in Project construction execution / turnaround projects/ SIMOPs risk management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Only qualified candidates as per the defined skills and Job responsibilities above should apply
- Prior experience with Shell in E&P services is an added advantage
- Successful candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 1st July, 2022.