International Breweries Plc is a proud part of the AB InBev family, a world’s leading brewer. International Breweries Plc was incorporated in December 1971 under the name International Breweries Limited. The Company commenced production of its flagship product Trophy Lager in December 1978 with an installed capacity of 200,000 hectoliters per annum.
In December 1982, the Company embarked on an expansion programme. The company was listed on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange in April 1995.
The corporate headquarters of the Company is located in Lagos. Starting with just two brands, Trophy Lager and Beta malt, our brand offering now includes Budweiser, Hero Lager, Castle lite, Grandmalt, Eagler Lager and Eagle Stout.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety & Environment Controller
Location: Sagamu, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- The successful candidate will provide support to operational and line management to ensure the functioning of a comprehensive and professional Occupational Health and Safety System. Also ensuring compliance to Safety & Environment systems, standards, and work practices to achieve targets set for the VPO Safety and Environment Pillars (means) to achieve Safety & Environment KPI’s/PI’s (results).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure Safety, Healthy & Environmental legislation compliance
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Ensure that the requirements of all blocks of the Safety and Environment pillars are implemented
- Perform Safety and Environment monitoring and audits
- Performs risk assessments as per the VPO Standards
- Conduct investigations into incidents together with line managers identifying root causes and proposing both corrective and preventative actions
- Ensure induction of both employees and contractors take place in accordance with standards
- Ensure the safe execution of capex projects and support safe work practices where required
- Drive closure of investigations, safety and environment gaps and legal compliance in the plant
- Ensure the site is adequately secured and the contracted security provider complies with standards
- Develop and maintain documentation such as SOP’s, as well as maintenance of manuals, policies and procedures as related to safety and environment
- Ensures all employees are aware of all work hazards & all control measures
- Ensure safety incidents and observations are identified, reported and closed
- Ensure all safety and environment incidents and observations are captured in Credit360
- Ensures optimum use of Safety App to raise safety incidents and observations
- Perform loss and waste analysis on safety incident and observations
- Develop an action plan to close SIO’s based on priority
- Performs safety and environmental monitoring using the supervisor checklists
- Improve employees safety pillar knowledge
- Improve employees environment pillar knowledge
- Mandatory training provided to all employees as per VPO Safety and environment pillars
- Occupational & Health Safety, Environmental Sciences; Engineering and/or any other related Engineering discipline
- 2-3 years as Safety Facilitator or equivalent position
- Understanding of ABInBev Safety, Health & Environmental Management Systems (VPO)
- Any of the following certifications will be an added advantage – NEBOSH, Fire prevention, Safety Legal compliance certification, Health and Environment lead auditor’s certification and Incident Investigation Course – Accredited Institute
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality.
- Internal applicants require Line manager approval
- Kindly attach CV in PDF format
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing
Application Deadline 31st August, 2021.