New Material Nigeria Nigeria Company Limited (SINOMA) is a subsidiary of ChinaNationalbuilding materials group co., LTD (CNBM), one of the world’s top 500 companies. The company is mainly engaged in high-end fiber cement board and other new, green, environmental protection wall materials business, is a set of industrial investment, product research and development, production, sales as one of the large industrial platform.
Our company adheres to the integrity, quality, continuous innovation, win-win business philosophy, and we focus on strengthening research and innovation, and pay attention to quality and efficiency, to create outstanding performance. The company will be committed to green, low-carbon and scientific development, to make contributions to the construction of a beautiful world. At present, the company has invested in the establishment of a factory which is based in the town of Kuje,Abuja,Nigeria and in the later stage, it will also set up locations in many regions of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Manager
Location: Kuje Area Council, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Provide first aid facilities and ensure that first aid replaceable kits are up to date, available and accessible. Issue work permits for hazardous tasks. Provide timely logging of incidents .
- Carry out safety inspections of material handling equipment. Ensuring safe warehouse stacking of materials and finished products Inspect all modifications and installation of plant and equipment before commissioning/usage.
- Coordinate Factory budget, provision, and the administration of same for Health and Safety Management.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe condition
- Carry out Safety inspection of equipment including machine safeguarding, portable electrical devices.
- Review all safety rules on a regular basis and recommend suitable changes where necessary. Investigate all accidents and damage to plant property, identify root causes and recommend action to prevent re occurrence.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of safety reports to Production manager.
- Periodically review competency levels and identification of training needs for staff and team member. Induct all staff, visitors and contractors on factory hazards and applicable controls.
Education / Experience
- B.Sc / HND in relevant field.
- Over 5 years experience on the same role.
- Desired candidate must be a member ISPON (Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria);
- Recognized Health & Safety qualification (ISO 45001 and NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health)
- Proficient in MS office.
Do You Have These Skills?
- Excellent management skills fit
- Drive for results
- Effective motivation skills
- Conflict management
- Building effective teams
- Effective at planning & organizing
- Action oriented
- Decision making skills
- Problem solving skill
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one single MS Word document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 1st July, 2022.