Kirby Building Systems is one of the largest pre-engineered steel building (PEB) companies in the world and is a 100% subsidiary of Kuwait- based multinational and multi-billion dollar business conglomerate – Alghanim Industries, one of the largest privately-owned companies in the Middle East.
Kirby pioneered the PEB technology first in Middle East in 1976 and later in India in 1999. Its product list consists of pre-engineered steel buildings (PEB) applicable for factories, warehouses, metro rails, supermarkets, aircraft hangars, sports stadiums, auditoriums, etc. Other products include structural steel, sandwich panels, storage solutions, Kirby Roof (KR), Kirby Wall (KW), Kirby Deep Decking Panel and Kirby Standing Seam Panel (KSS-600).
Kirby has a total of five manufacturing facilities located in Kuwait, Ras-Al-Khaimah (UAE), Vietnam and India, with a total capacity of about 400,000 MT per annum supported by over 4,000 employees. The company operates 70 sales offices located across six geographical regions, namely the Gulf Cooperation Council, the rest of the Middle East, the Indian Sub-Continent, Africa, Eastern Europe and South East Asia. Kirby has more than 300 certified builders globally for providing erection of steel buildings along with other trades up to turnkey projects. Kirby has manufactured more than 65,000 buildings across the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Engineer
- Communicate with all repeated customers / potential customers / consultants / end users, in the specific territory assigned by his ASM, to promote Kirby Business.
- Receive customers enquiry for bidding, study it , prepare QRF& sketches and communicate with engineering / estimation department to get it priced
- Prepare the offer and follow up with his customers to negotiate / modify the offer until he closes the deal within Kirby standard contract terms (Contract to be signed by ASM).
- Communicate with Kirby management ( Sending DAF / E-mails) after consulting his ASM to get further discount on selling price –if needed- and any special approval on delivery / payment terms / any other non standard terms.
- Prepare all entry documents for the new orders, review with his ASM and send to PMG/Credit
- Follow up with PMG / Credit Engineering / and all other departments –if needed- to ensure releasing the job for production and shipment after getting necessary approvals from Kirby’s customer.
- Provide after sales services to Kirby customers until the buildings are completely erected.
- Assist his sales manager in preparing the weekly / monthly sales / job reports.
- Collect all possible information about Kirby competition from the market.
- Perform other administrative duties for Kirby operation (outside Kuwait) as may be assigned by his Sales Manager.
Summary of the Sales Engineer Activities:
- Prospecting – Qualifying – Studying / Presenting – Quoting – negotiating technically and commercially/ Disarming objections – Closing – Follow up approvals / Changes – Manage any Claims.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor of Engineering.
- Employee with PEB Industry background will only be preferred.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.