Salpha Energy is a social, for-profit business that designs, distributes, solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales / Marketing Associate
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Under the supervision of the General Manager, Sales/Marketing Manager will work to improve the organizations market position and achieve financial growth.
- This person will provide in depth support in defining long-term organizational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for overall sales/business performance in the unit.
- Develop and execute the marketing and sales plan, including sales targets and form strategic relationships with key customers, and stakeholders.
- Generate sales monthly, weekly and annual sales report for the Organization
- Manage the company’s own retail outlets and manage a direct sales team to drive sales output
- Represent and promote the company’s image in the industry and community.
- Drives pricing activity throughout the product lifecycle.
- Drives available marketing resources and uses those resources appropriately and as needed.
- Protects intellectual property of the organization, and works with legal counsel and engineering to ensure asset protection.
- Uses market research capabilities to plan for and implements an appropriate approach based on the understanding of the organizations target market and competitors.
- Drive improvement of customer satisfaction and solves elevated customer issues in relation to product.
- Recommends marketing process changes that will improve Organizational Productivity
- Develops work plans for Marketing/Sales Associate and Customer Relations Officers to deliver product line results; provides guidance and direction on problems and issues; delegates work assignments considering employee skills and development needs.
- Develop and execute marketing initiatives to promote the companyТs offerings to its target market.
- Maintain a hitch-free delivery to the customers and strive to resolve complaint within 24 hours, if they arise.
- Monitor stock levels of customers for prompt replenishment, to avoid stock-outs.
- Coordinate marketing event/promotion to create awareness and enhance sales volume.
- Motivate staff by leading through example, resolving conflicts and driving business performance.
- Provides product line budget requirements into the business unit annual operating plan.
- Develops all aspects of the marketing mix to ensure the successful launch of new products throughout the subsequent lifecycle.
- First Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- At least 3-5 years sales experience in either the telecommunications or fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) sector and in a managerial position driving a team
- Demonstrated achievements to include building channel partner and retail networks in excess of 100 dealers
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email
Application Deadline 13th August, 2020.