Balmoral Group is an established and expanding integrated agency working across the spectrum of live events, design, planning and execution. We handle a diverse portfolio, offering 360-degree solutions to a number of industries, encompassing Event Management & Promotions, Exhibitions and Marketing Communication. Balmoral Group provides an extremely broad range of services. Our marketing experience means we deliver solutions that have not only had impact, but work. Our company has grown out of the desire to do everything in-house.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales & Venue Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- The sales & Venue Manager will be responsible for supervising and managing a strategic business unit called the branch.
- Will oversee financial reporting, hire and train staff (Adhoc staff), grow branch’s revenue, reduce cost and head operations of the branch.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively solicit new and renewal business opportunities by conducting effective sales calls, outside sales calls, presentations to current and potential clients, and conducting site inspections.
- Negotiate and close all Event sales.
- Achieve monthly / quarterly sales goals and yearly budget goals.
- Creates and manages weekly reporting schedule; adjusts reporting frequency depending on the event schedule.
- Aggressively seek new contacts and maintain working relationships with all civic and industry organizations,
- Responsible for email marketing, text marketing and telemarketing.
- Consults newspapers, trade journals, websites, social media sites and other publications to learn about contemplated convention social and meeting activity
- Manage event contracts including the timely issuance of contracts, estimates, event profiles, and post events summaries and reports.
- Communicate and advance all event information to appropriate staff and managers.
- Top-notch customer service to clients.
- Prospect for new contract business using a wide variety of methods including phone calls, outside sales calls, attending community functions, internet prospecting, supplier partnerships, trade journalism and conducting espionage etc.
- Develop, implement and constantly modify sales action plans to meet strategic sales goals.
- Negotiate and close contracts that meet the venue’s business plan objectives.
- Maintain and grow sales volume patterns, corporate promotional contacts, and event and booking representatives.
- Manages and supervises catering and conference service activities and client specifications to deliver smooth execution of executive meetings and events requiring space, food and beverage services.
- Remain current of national trends in the industry and local market changes to best serve the facility. Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key community and strategic partners for maximum facility usage and exposure. Represent the facility at trade shows and community events when required.
- Develop & submit weekly sales plan to Head, Sales & Marketing.
- Send sales call and report to Head, Sales & Marketing.
- Manages correspondences with Head office, account, procurement, HR and internal control.
- Reviews, controls and approve function sheets at the branch level.
- Manages and distributes function and event changes to operating departments (event manager/facility manager) during function execution.
- Supervise the social media pages of the branch.
- Work in tandem with the Operations Team to ensure flawless execution for ALL events.
- Supervises and is responsible for the work of the event manager and facility manager.
- Training of staff during weekly meetings.
- Provides accurate group revenue and expense forecasts according to established guidelines.
- Responsible for account, reconciliation and task/project completion process.
- Monitors client specifications and statements of work to promote smooth execution and client satisfaction.
- May be called on to host functions and participate in, or conduct sales blitzes, travel and work extended hours to achieve departmental goals.
- All other duties as assigned or needed.
- The candidate must have been in a sales or marketing role for at least 5 years with an interest in event management.
- N250,000 – N350,000 monthly with added allowances.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 10th September, 2021.