Heroland Schools is a school based in Ijegun, Lagos, Nigeria. The school remains committed to a broad and balanced curriculum and aim to use excellent teaching & learning practices to build quality, fairness and success for theirstudents for the long term. With an excellent academic record, theybelieve in educating the whole child.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Administrator
Location: Ijegun, Lagos
About the Role
- Responsible for the operation and instructional leadership at Heroland Schools, the School Administrator will facilitate the development, implementation, and stewardship of the vision of teaching & learning, that is shared and supported by all stakeholders.
- You will advocate, nurture, and sustain a school culture and instructional program conducive to student learning and staff professional growth. A culture that strengthens the entire school community and maintains an effective partnership with parents and carers to support and improve pupils’/students’ achievement and personal development.
- You will ensure management of the organization, operation, and resources for a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment.
- Supported by various Head of Schools, you will collaborate and work in a quality assurance capacity, to ensure the quality of the services at HerolandSchools and drive the centre of excellence in education, which positions Heroland School as the first choice educator in Nigerian
Required Experiences and Capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Education with 2-10 years experience as a School Administrator in an International school settings
- Experience in a blended curriculum, especially Nigerian / British curriculum
- Leadership and management experience in a school Involvement in school self-evaluation and development planning
- Knowledge of effective leadership models and organisational structures
- Knowledge of stakeholder and community engagement strategies
- Ability to think strategically to form and communicate a vision and inspire others
- Ability to build effective working relationships to inspire, challenge, motivate and empower others to achieve excellent outcomes
- Build capacity and achieve sustainability
- Celebrate achievement and acknowledge excellence
- Line management experience, understanding the need for performance management and CPD Experience of developing a high-quality learning environment through high expectations of pupil behaviours
- Substantial experience of data analysis and target setting to ensure excellent outcomes
- Curriculum design and management, including the application of Curriculum Led Financial Planning Experience of child safeguarding and successful use of measures that promote and ensure the safeguarding of children
- Prepared to learn from, and share new experiences, and take responsibility for their own continuing professional development
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
About the Person
- You are a School Administrator with more than 2years of experience within an international school setting.
- You have an excellent understanding of pedagogy strategies that the support first class/international teaching and learning activities.
- You will have good attention to detail.
- You have excellent IT skills and have a good understanding of the use of Technolgy in education.
- You also have an interest in driving pastoral activities and educating the whole child.
- You are a business-minded and professional executive and ready to act as a change agent within a well-established school with multi academies.
- You have experience in a blended curriculum setting and can drive excellent teaching and learning practices in the Nigerian / British Curriculum.
- You are an excellent Leader, resilient and possess exceptional interpersonal skills.
- A proactive and a self-organized individual with the ability to multitask.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email
Application Deadline 13th February, 2021.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter