British Preparatory School is a co-educational prep for children aged 3 months to 11 years. We provide an education of the highest quality, preparing children for transfer to the best and the most selective secondary schools anywhere in the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Principal
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a British Curriculum School ideally in an international school setting
- Achieving academic excellence which is at the core of the School requires that the Principal works collaboratively with the senior management.
- The Principalwill be the Head teacher/Administrator of the School. He/she will have key responsibility for strategic visioning and corporate governance.
- The Principal will be tasked with formulating and managing the policies, regulations, and procedures, in line with the school’s core values and mission.
The Principal will be required to:
- Evaluate, direct and wherenecessary establish clearly understood and effective procedures for the operation of the school; consistent with its vision, mission and core values, and strategic plan. These will include instruction programs, extracurricular activities, and discipline & emergency procedures to ensure a safe and orderly environment.
- Maintain and build on current high academic standards.
- Continue to promote high expectations for all staff and students with regards to academic achievements, and responsibility for behaviour.
- Establish a professional relationship with the staff, which encourages mutual respect.
- Display the highest ethical standards and professionalism in dealings with the Board, the GC, staff, parents and students.
- Represent the school in different professional bodies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in education or PGDEis required, a master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- 10+ years of experience in education, out of which 4 years as a Head teacher.
- Possesses strong and compelling written and verbal communication skills. Has a gentle and gracious way with others while also energizing and inspiring staff and community to positive ends.
- Demonstrates an ability to effectively instruct, inspire and assess children in a variety of areas (academic, intellectual, social, physical, etc.) through creative, purposeful, and age-appropriate methods.
- Demonstrate the principles and practice of effective teaching and learning.
- Possesses strong administrative and organizational skills and demonstrates a facility with managing multiple tasks and parties through effective use of time and resources.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Understanding and experience of using modern tech-driven educational materials
- Proven record of quickly assimilating into new environments, identifying areas for improvement and affecting change, while cultivating positive relationships.
- We welcome applications from senior leaders with broad curricular experience, the ability to lead and motivate, an interest in staff training and development and a collaborative approach to school life. A keen sense of internationalism and sensitivity to different cultural backgrounds will also be key attributes.
Deadline: 31st July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submitting their most recent CV, as well as a letter of no more than two sides of A4 outlining their suitability for the post and motivation in making the application, to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: The CV must include names and full details of three professional referees, one of whom must be the candidate’s most recent supervisor/ line manager. Informal discussions about the school and the role prior to formal application are most welcome.