St. Mary Dedication British International High Schools is a renowned educational institution known for its academic excellence and morally upright students. St Mary Dedication British international school challenges students to develop what is finest in themselves and others, for others and themselves. We are committed to nurturing an intentionally diverse, and inclusive community that encourages students and adults to inspire and respect one another.
At St Mary Dedication British Internation school our guiding principle is Education for Light, Through Knowledge. Our aim is to provide a richness of opportunity for our student to excel, nurture and explore their talents without limits. That is because education goes beyond exam results, its about the complete development of the child.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Secretary to the Principal
Location: Benin City, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
- To perform duties and attend meetings as reasonably required.
- To undergo in-service training where required.
- To observe and implement current school policies and good practice.
- To carry out such particular duties as the Principal may reasonably direct from time to time.
The post holder will:
- Report to the Principal.
- Work closely with other staff.
- Managing Principal’s diary and appointments including incoming communications e.g. email, post, etc.
- Receive visitors on behalf of the Principal
- Undertake liaison between the Principal and school staff, parents, and the local community in general.
- Arrange travel for meetings, preparation, and distribution of agendas and paperwork, and minute taking for staff meetings, management meetings, etc
- Manage any incoming correspondence referring on as appropriate; screening inquiries and requests, and handling them as appropriate
- Supporting the Principal’s management of administrative duties including the preparation of necessary documents and reports
- Organise and file paperwork, documents, and computer-based information
- Provide administrative support for the Senior Leadership Team as directed by the Principal.
Support for the School:
- Be aware of and comply with policies relating to Child Protection, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities, Confidentiality, as well as general staff procedures
- Contribute to the overall ethos, vision, and aims of the school
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Attend relevant meetings as required
- Participate in training and other learning activities as required
- As this is a full-time position annual leave should be taken in school holiday time.
- Minimum of OND
- Experience of working in a school or a similar role
- Proven experience in office administration and management task.
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to manage own time effectively
- Ability to adhere to working procedures and policies within the school environment
- Ability to operate as part of a team or individually as required
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Good communication skills
- Good ICT skills
- High level of confidentiality required
- Patient, flexible and adaptable, meticulous and conscientious.
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Opportunity for growth.