Gender Equality, Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC) is a non-governmental, non-partisan, non-religious and not-for-profit organization whose goal is the “promotion of gender equality, peace and sustainable development in Nigeria. GEPaDC was establish in 2007 and was registered with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in 2010. The organization is working toward promoting Gender Equality, Women’s Empowerment and Leadership Development, Women, Peace & Security, Violence against Women & Girls, Non-violent peace initiatives, Women’s Rights including reproductive health rights, Women’s and Adolescent Health including HIV/AIDS & Reproductive Health, Democracy & Good Governance, Children’s Rights, Youth Development/Mentoring, Environment & Agriculture, Sustainable Development Goals, Livelihood, Education in Emergency and Child Protection.
GEPaDC will be implementing a project for Mission inclusion (FONDATION JULES et PAUL-EMILE LÉGER) funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC) in Gwoza(Gwoza and Pulka) LGA and Jere LGA(Shuwari lambu and Elyakub camp) on “Emergency Protection and GBV response for internally displaced and vulnerable women and girls in Gwoza and Jere LGAs” targeting 35,000 beneficiaries. Consequently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sector Manager – Protection (GBV Coordinator)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- Coordinate all GBV case workers
- Fully participate in Coordination meeting in project locations
- Carry out service mapping and strengthen referral pathways
- To validate all GBV cases identified by GBV case workers.
- Ensure Child Protection Principles upheld including best interest of the child and do no harm.
- Create and design IEC and BCC contain messages for awareness and sensitization.
- Provide technical support to case workers in the establishment of community structures.
- Ensure proper management of budget lines that are directly GBV cost related
- Harmonization of monthly report submitted by GBV case workers from all project location.
- Ensure timely request and disbursement of fund for all GBV activities
- Ensure that all cases are genuine and properly documented.
- Conduct on-one mentoring and couching for GBV cases
- Prepare slides/training materials for GBV case workers to facilitate the monthly WGSS in all project location in line with the project expectation
- Work together with community mobilization officer to sensitize the community on GBV, prevention and services available.
- Prepare monthly report on all GBV activities
Educational Requirements and Experience.
- A minimum of degree or HND in Education, Health, Social Work, Psychology, Communications or related social science field.
- Atleast 3 years as case management officer or case worker supervisor
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences at local, state and national levels.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with other actors in project locations Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, adaptability and ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Good computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, email / internet) and ability to be self-supporting in most administrative tasks.
- Ability to speak Kanuri and Hausa isan added advantage
- Substantial experience in advocacy
- Good understanding of the possibilities of influencing stake holders.
- Knowledge of the media and its role in raising awareness and shaping public policy.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Interested and qualified candidates should send Hard Copy of their Applications, addressed to:
The Human Resource Officer,
Gender Equality Peace and Development Centre,
Note: Women or female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position
Application Deadline 28th April, 2021.