Subsea 7 is a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry. We provide cost-effective technical solutions to enable the delivery of complex projects in all water depths and challenging environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Job ID: 75909
Employment Type: Contract
Business Area: Subsea & Conventional
Reports to: Finance Manager
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Description of Function
- The Senior Accountant is responsible for the provision of regular financial information in compliance with Group guidelines and local financial reporting regulations. The role holder may be assigned to a particular specialist function within Finance to carry out specialist activities.
- All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
- All personnel are also expected to contribute to creating a culture of ethics and integrity within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to our Code of Conduct
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Maintain accounting records in compliance with local and Group regulations in an efficient and effective manner
- Ensure that all transactions are recorded and reported in accordance with statutory and local legal requirements
- Preparation and filing of Annual Statutory Accounts (IFRS) and any required supporting analysis.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors with regards to accounting issues and internal control over Financial Reporting
- Organise, run and monitor the closing process monthly, quarterly and annually,
- Manage the regular reporting and management information requirements of the designated area of responsibility
- Preparation of monthly variance analysis and explanations of variances between actual results to budget to date and to full-year forecasts
- Produce analyses of various performance indicators required by internal management and shareholders
- Provides input to budget and is accountable for controlling costs
- Liaise with Relevant Tax Authorities on a day to day operations,
- Ensure consistent compliance with local tax filing requirements
- Keep up to date with tax issues and changes in Nigeria
- Work on tax audits (preparation of the documentation requested by tax authorities, liaise with Corporate tax team and external advisors, reconciliation…)
- Participate in the preparation of the tax reporting with Group Tax and local tax advisors.
- Prepare the documentation needed during various monitoring exercises
- Preparation of all tax returns (including corporate income tax, VAT, WHT, PAYE…)
- Work closely with Finance/Accounting teams on matters impacting tax
- Operate within the Code of Conduct
- Operate according to Subsea 7’s Management Principles
- Support standards and procedures for the Finance Function.
- A University Graduate (BSc) or HND Graduate in Accounting/Finance with a minimum of 8 years experience,
- Chartered Accountant with proven management experience
- Good working knowledge of IFRS
- Strong organization, analytical, and project management skills,
- Experienced multitasker, with a focus on effective prioritisation,
- Ability to utilize the knowledge and previous experience to contribute and assist in meeting the Group’s objectives,
- Good command of Pack office / SAP
- Highly motivated and able to work under pressure,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Pro-active and positive to changes and challenges,
Key Relationships/ Stakeholders
- External Auditors
- Tax advisors
- Regulatory & Tax Authorities
- Project Team (Cost Control, contract…)
- General Accounts
- Global Finance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st October, 2021.