PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Associate – Corporate Writer & Language Editor
Ref Id: 200480WD
Type: Full time
Line of Service: Internal Firm Services
Specialism: IFS – Clients & Markets
Management Level: Senior Associate
Job Description & Summary
- A career in Clients and Markets Development, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to focus on positioning a distinctive PwC brand in the marketplace and drive long term revenue growth for the Firm. You’ll focus on designing, developing, and implementing communication programmes and media events to promote and sell the PwC’s brand and services as well as contribute to and evaluating our pricing strategies in the marketplace.
- You’ll support the writing and editing process for proposals, thought leadership initiatives, sector specific leadership agendas and other marketing initiatives.
- To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
- As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Write and review high quality communications which may include internal news items, digital screens, videos, speeches or internal and external campaigns.
- Editing with an eye for detail and an ability to understand business and technical content and what’s in it for the intended audience
- Ensure that communications follow brand guidelines and major grammar principles
- Co-develop communication plans and work with stakeholders to develop compelling content and execute against these plans
- Collaborate with the design team to produce creative content as needed
- Conduct research to support key initiatives
- Provide metrics and reporting on internal communications
- Support internal staff calls or events as required including sourcing of content and technology
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum years experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Publishing, Communications, Economics or related field with a minimum of Second Class Division
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience with specific experience in reporting, writing, editing.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, with an ability to grasp business objectives and translate into actionable technical and functional requirements. The kind of writing skills we’re looking for is a combination of creative writing, journalism and the copywriting of Advertising and PR agencies.
- Strong business acumen combined with a fluency in topical news and culture
- A proven track record in corporate and executive communication.
- Ability to translate complex content in a variety of areas including Audit, Tax and Advisory to an engaging and easy to understand content for a mass audience.
- Strong editing, proofreading, and organisational skills.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Deadline: 4th April, 2021.