Pangaea collects and analyzes consumer purchase and behavioral data to create premium, international-first brands for the world’s fastest growing e-commerce markets. Our brands are built on a proprietary internationalization platform with competencies across warehousing / logistics, globally distributed performance creative, compliance and payments. We are backed by Google’s AI fund Gradient Ventures.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Backend Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- 5 years of experience working with Backend Systems, experience with PHP / Laravel
- Knowledge of modern RDBMS databases (MySQL, Postgres)
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (AWS, etc)
- Deep understanding of modern distributed computing
- Understanding of modern version control system (Git)
- Familiarity with the limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Strong and solid understanding of the laravel framework
- Understanding of the front end will be an added advantage. We use React.
- Bonus points for No-sql knowledge.
- Help architect, design and develop product features
- Assist in code reviews for other engineers
- Collaborate across engineers about best practices, tools and architecture
- Fix bugs and other urgent issues in our software
- Contribute code for assigned product team
- Design and model database and system architectures to best meet requirements.