The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
To support quality and prompt service delivery in IHVN supported sites. IHVN is sourcing for suitably qualified young and dynamic individuals to fill the position below for the USAID SHARP TO1:
Job Title: Senior Clinical Testing Advisor
Department: Prevention Care & Treatment
Term: Most likely short term position
- Provide technical oversight, strategic direction and ensure appropriate support for the implementation of HIV Testing Services (HTS) in all the testing modalities
- Participate in all Technical Consultative Group Meetings,
- Represent the organization in professional forums by participating and making presentations in relevant meetings and conferences and technical working groups
- Disseminate evidence-based training materials, job aids, supervisory systems and other training materials needed for implementation of the program to meet the needs of funding organizations and the Government of Nigeria.
- Coordinate site strengthening, follow-up and supervision, advocacy, capacity-building and monitoring & evaluation of performance across program sites as required
- Carry out any other duty assigned for the achievement of organizational goals and objectives
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Should possess an MPH or related qualifications with a background in Public Health, Nursing, Social Sciences, Health Sciences or Community Health
- Excellent personal communication skills in written and verbal English,
- High impact influencing and persuasive skills, and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or Power Point applicable software related to position
- At least five – seven (5 – 7) years experience working in HIV Testing services (HTS).
- Experience in building capacity at individual and organizational levels.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HTS, guidelines and policies.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Deputy Director, Human Resources” via: [email protected] using the position applied for as the subject of the mail.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 19th July, 2021.