The Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) is a specialized technical institution of the African Union established to support public health initiatives of Member States and strengthen the capacity of their public health institutions to detect, prevent, control and respond quickly and effectively to disease threats.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Compliance Officer – Saving Lives and Livelihoods Programme
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (HQ)
Grade: AUP3 Step 1
Supervisor: Partnership Management Lead
- The African Union, established as a unique Pan African continental body, is charged with spearheading Africa’s rapid integration and sustainable development by promoting unity, solidarity, cohesion and cooperation among the peoples of Africa and African States as well as developing a new partnership worldwide. Its Headquarters is located in Addis Ababa, capital city of Ethiopia.
- The Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) was officially launched in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, on January 31, 2017. The Africa CDC is Africa’s first continent-wide public health agency and envisions a safer, healthier, integrated and stronger Africa, where Member States are capable of effectively responding to outbreaks of infectious diseases and other public health threats.
- The agency mission is to strengthen Africa’s public health institutions’ capabilities to detect and respond quickly and effectively to disease outbreaks and other health burdens through an integrated network of continent-wide preparedness and response, surveillance, laboratory, and research programmes.
- Africa CDC has been at the forefront of the continent’s fight against the pandemic. The agency has set a goal to vaccinate 60 percent the continent’s population before the end of 2024.
- To achieve this ambitious and critical goal, the Africa CDC and the Mastercard Foundation are launching “Saving Lives and Livelihoods,” “partnership for COVID-19 Vaccination in Africa.” The planned Saving Lives and Livelihoods partnership is a unique initiative due to its scope and scale, the critical topics it focuses on, as well as the way it will be governed.
Job Description Summary
- The Senior Compliance Officer will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of the vaccine roll-out programme adheres to the legal and ethical guidelines of Africa CDC and MasterCard Foundation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Compliance Officer shall:
- Design Save Lives and Livelihoods Programme compliance procedures and protocols in accordance with Africa CDC and MasterCard Foundation policies
- Regularly monitor adherence to the prescribed control protocols by the implementing partners and member states and enact corrective actions in case of non-compliance
- Develop and submit regular reports of deliverables and achievements on compliance measures
- Represent Africa CDC in a professional manner, which creates a positive image and enhances the credibility of the organization
- Train implementing partners and Programme staff on the compliance protocols
- Ensure effective controls are in place to monitor implementing partners and member states compliance with Africa CDC and MasterCard Foundation procedures
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Partnership Management Lead.
Qualifications and Work Experience Required
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Business administration, Economics, Public Health, and other fields. Candidates need to have at least 7 years of experience of which 3 years are at supervisory level. Or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business administration, Economics, Public Health, and other fields. Candidates need to have at least 10 years of experience of which 3 years are at supervisory level.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication and marketing skills
- Experience with financial and compliance auditing, financial management, and project management
- Organizational skills including attention to detail and effective management of tasks
- Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including excellent word-processing capabilities, proficiency with e-mail and internet applications experience in using office software such as MS Power Point, Word and Excel.
- Analytical and problem solving abilities
- High ethical standards and an uncompromising sense of integrity
- High level of autonomy at work, yet with profound team spirit.
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision, and in a culturally diverse team
- Adaptive, patient, resourceful, resilient and flexible.
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and with external actors.
- Proven ability to use clear, concise language in correspondence as well as including content fitting for the purpose and audiences when preparing written briefs and reports
- Applicants must be proficient in at least one of the African Union working languages (English, French, Arabic or Portuguese).
- Knowledge of two or more of African Union working languages would be an added advantage.
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a fixed term contract for a period of three years, of which the first three months will be considered as a probationary period.
- Thereafter, the contract will be renewed annually subject to satisfactory performance and fund availability.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$37,453 (AUP3Step 1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment of US$17,228.38 (46% of basic salary per annum), Housing allowance of US$22,932 per annum, Thus a total of US$77,613.38 per annum plus Gratuity of 15% of Gross salary per annum.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 10th July, 2022.
- To apply for this post, Click on the “Apply” button, complete our online application form, and submit your CV and cover letter in two different documents, which should be prepared before applying as they will be considered in the application process.
- The cover letter should be no more than two pages long and explain why you are interested in this post and how your skills and experience make you a good fit.
- The document should be saved in MS Word in the following format: Your First Name-Your Last Name-Document Name-Date (mmyy) e.g., “Pat-Jones-CV-062022-AFENET” or “Pat-Jones-CoverLetter-062022-AFENET”.
- If you have any queries on any aspect of the appointment process, need additional information, or would like to have an informal discussion, please email at: afenet-[email protected] in the first instance