International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Customer Service Assistant
Employment Type: Special Short-Term (SST) 6 months with
possibility of extension
SVN No: SVN2022.16
IOM Classification : G6
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (COM) and the direct supervision of the Migration Health Officer (MHO) Lagos, the incumbent will be responsible for providing customer support duties including:
- Managing complaints
- Conducting surveys, collecting feedback, attending to customer requests, and providing information on IOM’s migration health services.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Act as a liaison between applicants (customers) and Head of Units and management.
- In collaboration with the Heads of Units collect feedback on a regular basis from applicants as they go through the examination process to understand issues of concern and provide solutions as appropriate.
- Conduct periodic customer surveys with the objective of assessing quality service delivery and support addressing identified gaps as appropriate.
- Ensure questions and concerns from applicants are processed and communicated both verbally and in writing in a timely manner.
- Conduct periodic Quality Compliance and Quality Assurance audits.
- Monitor and resolve questions or concerns via multiple media; the phone, email, online chat or social media and deescalate any issues in a calm manner.
- Maintain and promote the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert MHAC Managers of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of health assessment processes as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial, and unbiased during all interactions with applicants, colleagues, and partners. Support development and implementation of SOPs as needed.
- Ensure relevant and appropriate information and communication materials are available in the waiting areas/rooms.
- Creation of videos for display at the waiting areas/rooms and FAQs to benefit customers.
- Investigate problems or challenges in view of figuring out what went wrong, how problems might be fixed and how to keep them from happening again.
- Escalate complaints or challenges to the Heads of Units or the supervisor when necessary and appropriate. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
- Schedule and conduct periodic meetings with the Heads of Units and the supervisor on customer-related issues.
- Monitor adherence to Migration Health Assessment Center (MHAC) guidelines for service delivery and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- In coordination with MHAC Managers, facilitate implementation and adherence to ISO 9001: 2015 requirements and any IOM customer-specific requirements.
- As necessary, provide technical and administrative support to the MHAC Managers in identifying and adjusting approaches to compliance with the health assessment processes.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree from an Accredited College or University in a Health Care related field or Public Administration, Marketing, or Business Administration with at least four years of relevant work experience in a Health Care setting.
- High computer literacy in Windows and MS Office is mandatory, knowledge of web page design would be an asset.
- In-depth use of MS office applications, data collection and manipulation.
- Previous working experience with NGOs or international organizations is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English (oral and written) required, working knowledge of the local language.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is essential to providing medical support in a healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of procedures used in medical offices, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities.
- Ability to listen actively to comprehend and decode the customers’ message as well as deduce what is implied in the communication.
- Ability to function in a team-oriented environment as well as independently deliver results.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with applicants and colleagues both verbally and in writing, as well as provide strong documentation.
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency – maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism – demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators Level 2:
- Teamwork – develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Accountability – takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication – encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
Managerial Competencies – Behavioural Indicators Level 2:
- Leadership – provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicate a clear strategic direction.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station and within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, confirmation of all documents, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using “SVN2022.15. Senior Customer Service Assistant. Lagos” as the subject of the mail.
Click here to fill application form
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line “SVN2022.15. Senior Customer Service Assistant. Lagos”.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- This position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 6th March, 2022.