Babban Gona Agricultural Franchise is a financially sustainable, high impact and highly scalable social enterprise, which is part-owned by the farmers it serves. Babban Gona is an innovative model designed to serve the bottom of the pyramid and transform agriculture into a job-creation engine. Through this agricultural franchise, Babban Gona offers a suite of services to smallholder farmers, helping them to overcome the challenges of fragmentation and low economies of scale.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Database Administrator
Employment Type: Full time
- Monitor and analyze Babban Gona’s database performance (currently MS SQL Server) and ensure effective and efficient utilization of database systems/processes.
- Resolve all complex issues that arise, determining the cause of the database problem, determine a solution and implement the appropriate actions to correct.
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Use tools like SQL Profiler for database tuning.
- Set up and maintain database infrastructure for the company’s BI needs.
- Provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- Test backup and recovery process following the standard operating procedures to ensure that data can be successfully be retrieved.
- Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles and permissions of database users).
- Implement a Business Continuity solution for the database environment, including the installation and configuration of database software and replication processes.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Performs performance/Health Checks on systems as needed or as requested by Management.
- Provide information to leadership for required hardware purchases, assisted in the design and installation of any new database servers to ensure integration with all application servers.
- Support software developers with database operations including the development of complex SQL, tuning of DML and the creation of stored procedures.
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly.
- Carry out capacity planning and constantly looking for innovative approaches to upgrade the system to more efficient and effective new technologies.
- Create and manage constraints and indexes.
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Create detailed documentation including diagrams of database infrastructure.
- Incorporate drill down and interactive capabilities based on user interface requirements.
- Strong understanding of the operating system, networking and other underlying components of the infrastructure as it relates to the RDBMS supported.
- Other responsibilities and tasks required to support organizational goals and objectives.
- This position reports to Head, Enterprise Systems Engineering.
Proven working experience as a Database Administrator:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent/related technical discipline.
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding.
- 5+ years of SQL server database experience as Database Administrator (DBA), including experience installing, configuring, designing, patching, archiving, and monitoring to include performance tuning databases with indexing.
- Experience utilizing various high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) options for MS SQL Server.
- Experienced in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools.
- Working knowledge of data encryption techniques and database querying and management tools.
- Experience running and creating SQL Server health assessments reports/SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) report development/experience writing complex SQL Queries.
- Sound knowledge of RDBMS concepts, database architecture and SQL/T-SQL.
- Passionate about constantly learning and looking for innovative ways to improve on current systems.
Start Up Environment:
- Thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
Unlocking Potential of Team Members:
- Experience in managing multidisciplinary teams to meet strategic objectives is important.
- Extensive experience and passion for coaching/ mentoring a team.
Detailed Orientation and Managing Complexity:
- Extensive experience leading a complex organization and passion for getting into details to identify root cause of issues and create innovative solutions.
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Performance Bonus
- Annual paid vacation
- Group Life Insurance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply