Pulse is Africa’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience – and providing expansive media reach and creative marketing solutions to partners. We run news websites and social channels and marketing and production across Francophone and Anglophone West Africa and East Africa.
We are a platform leading in reach with our news and entertainment content – with millions of regular users per month. We are also a marketing partner, empowering brands with our expansive media reach and 360 degree in-house marketing solutions. Additionally, Pulse is the licensee publisher of the regional Business Insider Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Digital Sales Strategist
Locations: Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Senegal
- We are looking for Senior Digital Strategists to join our teams in Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya and Senegal who will drive revenue growth for Pulse by developing and pitching winning creative digital strategies for clients to solve their business challenges and aid them in achieving their marketing goals and objectives.
- Our Senior Digital Strategists drive commercial opportunities among top brands across Africa and beyond by prospecting, nurturing leads and networking with customers and client-side decision-makers to close deals.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifying prospective clients and developing connections with decision-makers.
- Analysing prospective clients’ digital footprint to develop digital & content strategies for their businesses.
- Conduct pitches and presentations to persuade potential customers that Pulse is the preferred partner to meet their corporate goals.
- Ensure all activity is recorded in the CRM to ensure full visibility into the sales pipeline.
- Contribute to learning sessions and knowledge sharing within the Sales team and other teams.
- Represent Pulse at events and serve as a brand ambassador.
- Communicate effectively to all team members and maintain strong, trusting relationships with all internal collaborators.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends, industry issues and solutions and suggest improvements and innovations to help Pulse and our clients and partners maintain a competitive edge.
- Work with the Account Management team to ensure services sold are delivered to clients with the goal of maximizing client retention.
- Perform inbound lead follow up in a timely manner to ensure a healthy sales pipeline.
- Ensure that the defined sales process is followed at all times.
- Achieve a monthly sales revenue target.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in sales or business development – Digital/ Creative/ Media/ Marketing/ Advertising industries preferred.
- A creative thinker who can connect 360° digital to all aspects of a client’s business and drive growth opportunities.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Zoho CRM is desirable.
- Good understanding of digital marketing – a professional qualification is desirable.
- Excellent networking skills and a demonstrated ability in key client/partner relationship management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Candidates in Ghana, Kenya and Senegal, should please send their CV and a Cover email explaining why they are a great fit for this role to using the Position as the subject of the email to:
Ghana: [email protected]
Kenya: [email protected]
Senegal: [email protected]