Kenya Airways, a member of the Sky Team Alliance, is a leading African airline flying to 42 destinations worldwide, 35 of which are in Africa and carries over four million passengers annually. In 2020 KQ was named Africa’s Leading Airline by the World Travel Awards. It continues to modernize its fleet with its 32 aircraft being some of the youngest in Africa. This includes its flagship B787 Dreamliner aircraft.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Engineer – Line Maintenance Outstations
Job ID: IRC235
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- Ensure safe and timely release of aircraft at the station
Principal Accountabilities (KEY Performance Areas)
- Provide maintenance input to the daily tail assignment in support of network requirements
- Co-ordinate all fleet maintenance activities by adequately diagnosis fleet health monitoring systems and reliability data to input the daily work package
- Identifying fleet maintenance requirements at the daily maintenance preparation meeting
- Monitoring & management of repeat defects, coordinating with engineering on corrective actions
- Generate reports that show the specific fleet availability, reliability and aircraft health
- Identify required tooling and material requirements for all planned work is identified and maintenance instructions for all defects is tabulated in the work package
- Directing troubleshooting in the event of an AOG or a schedule interruption defect
Knowledge and Experience Qualifications (Minimum):
- Engineering Diploma or any relevant Degree from recognized institution.
- Holder of Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s License (AMEL) in any of the following categories: Category B1 (Category ‘A’ Airframes and Category ‘C’ Engines); or Category B2 (Category ‘X’ – Electrical, Instruments, Automatic Pilot and R-Radio)
- Aircraft Type training (EASA added advantage) and approvals on relevant fleet
- Current in all mandatory courses, required for area and license as specified.
- Evidence of using Approvals held related to his License.
- Has completed required online recurrent training.
- Possess training credentials on various discipline related aircraft standards, regulations, policies and procedures Years of Experience (Minimum)
- Minimum of 10 years (added advantage if at KQ) in Aircraft Maintenance.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience on relevant fleet, supervising Engineers.
Influencing and Management Skills:
- Ability to monitor, record and investigate non-routine, long term defects, recurring defects
- Rectification of non-routine, long term defects and recurring defects
- Consistently follows policies and procedures when resolving problems sticking to agreed plans and priorities.
- Commercial awareness in terms of aircraft down/upgrades and cancellations
- Stays up to date with what’s happening in the industry.
- Steer on continued improvement of the technical and operational reliability of engines and components together with the internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Demonstrated knowledge in managing complex maintenance operations.
- Knowledge of KCAA/EASA/FAA requirements and Kenya Airways procedures
- Possesses training credentials on various disciplines related aircraft standards, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of computer systems in use in Technical Department
- Knowledge of KCAA and EASA regulations, approvals and certification processes.
- Maintains working knowledge of major industry developments – this includes decisions made by others, such as regulatory bodies, governments, associations etc, which have an impact on the industry.
- Maintains familiarity with major industry publications and professional associations and keeps current with trends in the market, keeps and maintains industry database where applicable.
- Able to establish aggressive but realistic cost, quality and timeliness objectives for the business and drive achievement
- Able to ensure that maintenance schedule and flight schedule are mutually supportive and that scheduled ground time for maintenance is optimally utilised
- Support the development of a cost effective and integrated maintenance planning strategy aligned to KQ asset growth that will exploit maintenance planning opportunities worldwide and with all external providers, whilst achieving full regulatory and compliance standards.
- Strong team player
- Interpersonal skills
- Initiative /Perseverance
- Leadership qualities
- Stress Management
- Valuing Service.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th December, 2022.
- If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please submit a copy your detailed Curriculum Vitae.
- Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Kenya Airways is an equal opportunity employer