Howwz Limited is a privately owned PropTech company building a world class platform for short-let accommodation booking and management. We seek to disrupt the market by introducing a culture of technology-driven processes for short-let property rental and general property sales and investment.
As part of our growth we seek to hire and develop well-rounded, technologically astute, ambitious people that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to the organisation and drive us forward in the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Front-end Engineer
About the Platform
- In order to achieve this goal, we are looking for bright and intellectual people who will join us in building elegant, cutting-edge and high-value solutions for our growing company.
- Our software is the core of our business and the spearhead of our strategic goals. The company’s proprietary technology platform will power the company’s key value proposition to redefine short-let accommodation booking and management tailored for Nigeria and other African countries.
About the Role
- You will take the lead on the development lifecycle of the platform and growth of the front-end development team.
- role is for a Senior Front-end Engineer based in Lagos. This is a fantastic career defining role as you will be working directly with the organisation’s founders and senior management in defining the product roadmap and strategic direction of the platform.
- Maintain high standards in all areas of individual output.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders. Able to articulate understandable responses to non-technical members of the business.
- Responsible for the delivery of projects within the team.
- Assist and provide advice to less experienced members of staff in day to day tasks.
Essential skills / experience:
- Understanding of browser and device testing and debugging.
- Firm understanding and experience of version control and how to manage project repositories.
- An engineer’s attention to detail and a passion for writing clean, readable, properly tested code.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to work unsupervised and sense of due diligence.
- 5+ years of commercial experience.
- Experience with Linux, Git, Docker.
- Experience of building large, complex SPAs in a scalable and maintainable way.
Desirable skills/ experience:
- Pair programming experience, willing to work collaboratively to both give and receive feedback within a shared code ownership team.
- Understanding of web performance and optimisation.
- Good understanding of SEO best practice and principles.
- Knowledge of SCRUM practices and Agile methodologies.
- Experience working with React or any other major js framework with a willingness to learn React.
Other Skills/ Experience:
- Understanding BDD and DDD.
- Experience with JIRA and time tracking.
- Experience with various AWS services.
- Knowledge of Serverless architecture.
- Knowledge of GraphQL.
What’s in it for you:
- You’ll be working for a company building a friendly and exciting working culture.
- You’ll be joining an organisation looking to grow and invest in its people to drive a vision to build a market leading platform
- A chance to be involved at the beginning of a greenfield platform with great potential for disrupting the market.
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days flexible holiday p/a + bank holidays.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] clearly indicating the “Senior Front-End Engineer” as the subject of your mail.
Note: Only candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Application Deadline 12th February, 2020.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter