The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria – An International Development Organization is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Grants Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: The Deputy Chief of Party – Programs
Supervises: The Grants Officer in Kafanchan
- The Senior Grants Officer serves as the principle point of contact and management for grants administration.
- The Senior Grants Officer is responsible for ensuring effective and efficient management and grants administration and to ensure flexible, innovative, and rapid-response mechanisms are managed in target areas of Nigeria.
- The Senior Grants Officer ensures that grants management and administration is consistently in compliance with Creative and USAID’s policies and procedures.
- Provides oversight and management of Grants Officer in Kafanchan
- Organizes and coordinates organizational staffing structure and workflow of grants staff activities and administration.
- Responsible for ensuring quality control and the integrity of data in both OTI and Creative’s online grants database and ensures that the data in the system is always up-to-date.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Creative’s grants policies as detailed in the Field Manual and the projects Grants Manual.
- Coordinate closely with Procurement and Programs to ensure activity-level spending is on track and provide quality control on any required budget modifications.
- Manage the grants and direct implementation pipeline.
- Manage the financial commitments, spending, and deobligations of the Transition Activities Pool (TAP) and all program fund sources.
- Lead the Grants Team to serve as a central point of grant activity coordination and facilitation.
- Provide support to technical units on grants compliance and the online grants database.
- Coordinate closely with program staff to ensure timely administration and monitoring of grant agreements.
- Coordinate with finance, procurement, and program staff to facilitate grants monitoring and closeout of grant activities.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of 4 years professional experience working in complex and challenging field operational contexts.
- Excellent written and spoken English essential.
- USAID program experience desirable.
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team.
- At least 3 years of experience specific to grants administration and management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Professional Accounting / Financial qualification is required.
- Competent in computers and using financial software essential.
- Understanding of budget and cost control management essential.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified should send their CV (Listing all their work experience and qualifications) and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
Note: Please reference the Job Title and Location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume / CV
Application Deadline 3rd June, 2021.