A leading independent Oil Exploration and Production company in Nigeria requires the services of experienced and dynamic candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Senior HSE Officer
- Provide peaactive/actionable intelligence to forestall HSE breaches and comprehensive investigation where HSE breaches or incidents have been established.
- Evaluate the field locations end develop safety plan that defines the safety responsibilities of employees and contractors’ personnel onsite,
- Liaise and interface with relevant regulatory agencies and stakeholders
- Responsible for implementing and enforcing organizational safety programs at the location.
- Ensure a fit for purpose waste management is conducted at the location.
- Developing new strategies for the mitigations of risks and negative exposes on operations.
- Maintain an appropriate bevel of awareness. knowledge and preparedness across the location by conducting HSE trainings for employees/contractor personnel and ‘educating workers about site-spacifle safety measures.
- Inspect all sites ec,es works, tools and equipment, verify that t done in according to safety regulation and regulatory compliance.
- Conduct regular HSE audits and incident Investigation at the location and ensure timely reporting of incideres and close out of audit actions and Incident recommendations.
- Conduct personnel induction at the location and ensure tooI box meetings are held prior to work commencement and drills schedule are implemented as part of the companys HSE program.
- Maintain a location Corrective Action Register (CAR) and update as reOuired to ensure it is current and up-to-date.
- Organise regular HSE meetings, trainings and induction on satety pocies and practices, accident prevention techniques and accident reporting for employees, visitors and contractors.
- Review contractors’ safety plans and verify that employees will participate in safety plan.
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science Degree In core Engineering discipline or equivalent with a minimum of Second Class Upper division.
- A Master’s Degree In any of the relevant Engineering disciplines will be an added advantage,
- NEBOSH IGC, I4SE Level-3 qualification and OHSASIBOO1 Lead Auditor Training are mandatory.
- Offshore work experience, Fire fighting and incident investigation experience will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant working experience In an E&P Company,
- Must have knowledge of industry practices, regulatory agency requirements and standards with respect to oil and gas operations.
- Must have strong interpersonal Skills to work In a multidisciplinary teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The ideal candidates for the position must have sound knowledge of HSE related experience for the mitigation of HSE related exposures in oil & Gas Industry and operations.
- Candidates for this position will be responsible tot the implementation and coortilnation of all health., safety and environmental programs for the company at the field locations.
Competitive and attractive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letters, CV and scanned / clear corporate passport photographs to: [email protected] with the position applied for as the subject of the email.
- Applications will be treated in confidential manner
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 19th August, 2021.