JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Advisor
- We are currently seeking a Nigeria Country Project Director for the USAID-funded MOMENTUM (Moving Integrated, Quality Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health and Family Planning and Reproductive Health Services to Scale) Round 3B, known as MOMENTUM-Routine Immunization Transformation and Equity (M-RITE).
- M-RITE’s overarching goal is to sustainably strengthen routine immunization programs to 1) overcome the entrenched obstacles contributing to stagnating and declining immunization rates in USAID-supported countries, and 2) address the barriers to reaching zero-dose and under-immunized children with life-saving vaccines and other health services.
- In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, and the disruption of immunization services, M-RITE will also support countries with the maintenance, adaptation, and/or reinstatement of immunization and support countries as they roll out the COVID-19 vaccine.
- In Nigeria, M-RITE will bring its expertise to strengthen national COVID-19 vaccination efforts through participation in national-level COVID-19 technical working groups and work in 5 states to support the national SCALES 3.0 strategy.
- M-RITE will support microplanning and work to build demand and acceptance for the vaccine in partnership with states to mitigate the risk of misinformation and hesitancy among health workers and other priority populations, support the design and implementation of communications and community engagement strategies to promote uptake of the vaccine and help develop and review monitoring tools.
- In addition, M-RITE will provide technical assistance to support routine immunization strengthening in 5 states, applying a co-creation approach to improve equitable coverage with a focus on identifying, understanding, and reaching zero dose and under-immunized children and communities.
Summary of Position Description
- The Senior MEL Advisor will work with M-RITE core and field-support teams to bring together monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, and translation of learning in Abuja.
- S/he will be a detailed oriented, self-starter who will create strong working relationships with in-country and central level colleagues.
- S/he will have knowledge of routine immunization, experience with developing and managing M&E plans and data collection, cleaning, compiling, and visualizing quantitative and qualitative data, and the strategic use of data for program improvement and adaptation.
- Work closely with the MEL Director to execute the Activity MEL Plan for all technical components of the MCHN Activity;
- Assist in developing key MEL tools, including data collection forms, databases, manuals, data feedback presentations, and other tools as appropriate;
- Assist in the monitoring of timely and consistent data collection and reporting from all project activities, facilities, partners, and grantees;
- Support project partners to develop, capture, consolidate and report on key indicators and ensure high quality and timely reporting of monitoring data;
- Supervise data entry and maintain project data systems to ensure correct and timely reporting and tracking of project achievement toward targets in accordance with MCHN Activity and USAID requirements;
- Provide technical support, training, and supervision to partners, including MOH, local district government health offices, and other collaborators in M&E and related areas;
- Conduct supportive supervisory visits to the various states to join State Leads and other Partners as they work at sub-national levels to ensure compliance, observe, monitor, and provide guidance on data for management decision-making;
- Assist in project research activities, including contributing to research proposal writing, applying for IRB approval, training of research assistants, data collection and entry, and quality control;
- Support development and the implementation of the project learning plan;
- Provide direct supervision, management, and training to M&E managers; and
- Support report composition for all project deliverables and ad hoc requests.
- Prepare suitable external and internal reports and communication materials for management and project staff to facilitate monitoring and activity planning;
- Assist with data cleaning and analyze weekly, monthly, and quarterly data
- Support training of M&E personnel in quality assurance methods;
- Support internal and external Data Quality Audit (DQA )exercises;
- Master’s Degree or Higher in Public Health, Informatics or Statistics preferred;
- 4 – 7 years experience in M&E for international donor-funded projects, preferably including experience with USAID-funded projects;
- Knowledge and experience with MCHN programming and activities required;y
- Experience managing, supervising, and mentoring others;
- Strong experience with data management in Nigeria including data entry and cleaning, data analysis, and report writing;
- Excellent interpersonal, supervisory, and mentoring skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Must have demonstrated organizational skills;
- Written and spoken English required;
- Ability to undertake extensive local travel; and
- GIS mapping skills are a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Knowledge of evaluation research methods (qualitative and quantitative), including data processing;
- Computer proficiency including use of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; experience with advanced statistical packages (e.g., Stata), or data collection and reporting platforms (e.g., DHIS2) a plus;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in English and a list of three referees with contact details to: [email protected] with the subject line “Senior MEL Advisor”.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity.
- We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions.
- Women are encouraged to apply