Mint is a digital challenger bank, borne out of the idea of its founders; visionaries with several years of finance & technology experience, and a passion to simplify banking for everyday customers. The aim is to plug loopholes in existing bank operations in Nigeria, by employing a customer-focused mindset.
Our belief is that traditional banks are often slow in adopting new technology. By leading with technology, we will be better poised to anticipate and solve customers’ problems as quickly as possible, and therefore provide a more solid offering that puts them back in control.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Product Designer
Employment Type: Full-time
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with product manager and engineers to design and build products that solve our customer’s needs, are feasible to implement and deliver on our business goals
- Identify user needs, sketch solutions, build prototypes, test ideas, and refine designs with data and user feedback
- Collaborate with stakeholders, product managers, developers etc
- Product ownership, ability to take ownership of the product, set direction for strategy, design philosophy etc
- Plan for the long term while navigating short-term tradeoffs.
- Shape the vision for the user experience and foster a culture of design in the business, being a flag-bearer for user-centered design
- Maintain and evolve our design system
What We’re Looking For
- More than 2 years experience and proven ability of leading a project from beginning to end
- A portfolio that reflects your strengths in both UX and visual design skills, specifically in the implementation of user testing and research throughout the design process
- Demonstrated ability to work across different mediums, from desktop to mobile, from email to the (rare) printed goods
- Demonstrated comfort with an iterative, collaborative design process
- Strategic product thinking and vision. You’re more concerned with the “why” than the “how”.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, often wearing multiple hats
- With the above stated, we are open to candidates of all backgrounds and encourage you to apply if interested.
- Solid experience in prototyping and interaction design (preferably in Figma)
- Demonstrate ability to tackle complex problems and deliver simple solutions
Bonus Points For:
- Outstanding references
- Basic illustration skills (from icons to functional illustrations)
- Basic animation skills (to level up the feel of the product)
- Basic print design skills (for the occasional sticker or swag).