Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Associate
- Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks a Senior Program Associate for the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order 03 activity in Nigeria. This activity aims to identify and support proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening health systems with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) in Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano and Yobe States. The objectives of the activity include 1) Targeted and efficient HIV and TB case identification and linkage to care and treatment; 2) Enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up; 3) Successfully suppress HIV viral load; and 4) Increase GON capacity to expand, coordinate and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services. This position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- The Senior Program Associate will work under direct supervision of the Chief of Party to support seamless communications and follow-ups as needed on day-to-day program management functions, including contributing to work planning and activity monitoring; administering and monitoring subcontracts; developing and tracking program deliverables such as quarterly and annual reports; coordinating field visits and partner progress meetings; and coordinating technical assistance and capacity building support for partners. The Senior Program Associate will work with technical, grants, finance, and operations staff as well as the state program officers to ensure smooth execution of these functions in the six project states. The Senior Program Associate will also support documentation of program best practices, success stories and lessons learned.
- The Senior Program Associate will at all times adhere to and act in accordance with Chemonics Professional Code of Ethics (“Living Our Values”) and will make the principles of the Code a part of the project’s culture and standard operating procedures.
- The Senior Program Associate will ensure highest level of integrity, honesty, and transparency in and will maintain professional relationships with all internal as well as external stakeholder with whom he will interact, throughout the life of the project.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as point of contact between SHARP TO 03 senior management, staff, and all external partners including USAID
- Support the program team in strengthening reporting system on program progress against stated objectives, program deliverables, and monitoring and evaluation frameworks
- Coordinate and monitor local subcontract activities and progress against agreed-upon deliverables, subcontract terms and conditions and targets and identify gaps for corrective action where needed
- In collaboration with COP, Technical Director and/or Home Office, develop and format information for internal as well as external dissemination in form of memos, presentations, emails, or reports.
- Help team in developing agenda for the meetings, coordinate invitation to stakeholders; take minutes of such meetings, workshops and disseminate with relevant groups as directed.
- Take lead on logistical arrangements for meetings, workshops, and training activities in collaboration with project operations team.
- Assist program team with development of workplan, strategies and implementation; coordinate with field teams to gather performance update for COP review.
- Establish and maintain information flow between country office and state offices, coordinate periodic communications and identify success stories for COP review.
- Contribute to the development, planning and managing sub agreements with local partners in collaboration with the grant’s manager; support in sub agreements monitoring and capacity building plan.
- Any other task assigned by supervisor consistent with the scope of position.
- B.Sc in Health Sciences, Behavioral Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 7 – 9 years of relevant experience with international development programs. Or MSc/MA degree in public health, business administration, health sciences, behavioral sciences or its recognized equivalent with 5 – 7 years relevant experience with international development programs.
- Experience with donor-funded projects, particularly USAID and/or PEPFAR preferred
- Ability to work both independently and in teams, within a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of health and development programming in a developing country.
- Basic accounting and financial management skills.
- Working knowledge of major donor policies (USAID) as well as international not-for- profit organizations.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
- Proven ability to coordinate a multi-sectorial development project.
- Excellent community mobilization, advocacy and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize systems to monitor administrative and implementation results.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume and Cover Letter to: [email protected]
- Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
- The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data
Application Deadline 16th October, 2020.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter