Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work are accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Project Officer-Registration and Re-targeting
Job Ref Code: 2100009K
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 3-month contract with the possibility of an extension
Job: Program Management
Organization: Catholic Relief Services
Employee Status: Entry Level
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
- As a registration and retargeting lead for Ceton Rayuka (Saving Lives) project, you will facilitate the achievement of project objectives through coordinating and reporting on all project activities and providing technical guidance and advice to staff and implementing partner(s) advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable
- Your coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that the project for which you are responsible applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Organize and lead the registration and retargeting as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices
- Ensure proper communication during registration and retargeting exercise at field-level with the support of the liaison team
- Ensure independency of registration with MEAL support through close monitoring and supervision of all registration and retargeting activities
- Supervise and perform ad-hoc inspections of various processes and resources at project sites to ensure timely project activities implementation and adherence to established process standards and procedures
- Support and coordinate capacity building and technical support activities to ensure assigned project activities are implemented per project guidelines and standards
- Coordinate provision of any logistical and administrative support to staff and partners
- Ensure project documentation for assigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency and donor requirements
- Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and documentation of case studies and promising practices.
- Ensure field-level coordination with external actors to avoid duplication risk
- Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and guiding partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences
- Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules
- Coordinate and oversee working relationships with all local project stakeholders and serve as the liaison between them and the project team to mobilize local actors and promote project activities and impact
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree in International Relations or in the field of Humanitarian would be a plus
- Minimum of 4 – 6 years of work experience in project support, ideally in the field of Food Assistance and for an NGO
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Fluent in English, Hausa and/or Kanuri would be a plus.
Must be willing and able to travel up to 30% pending security clearance and general humanitarian access.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
- Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Staff supervision experience a plus
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Team temporarily mobilize for registration or retargeting activities.
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Emergency Coordinator, Program Managers, MEAL department, Program Officers.
- External: Partners, humanitarian actors, community leaders and beneficiaries.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 2nd June, 2021.