Population Services International (PSI), is a world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing. There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a motivated group of entrepreneurs and professionals with a diverse range of backgrounds all the way from the medical industry to the music business, all with unique skills we bring to the job.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Research, Monitoring & Evaluation (RM&E) Manager
Department: Research, Monitoring & Evaluation (RM&E)
Reports to: Director of Programs/Chief of Party
Job ID: 2022-3513
Category: Global Operations
- We are looking for an experienced Senior Research and M&E Manager to lead the country’s research and M&E portfolio for strengthened data collection, management, quality assurance, and market insights, and research use in Nigeria.
- The position will work with the central, zonal and state level M&E and digital focal teams across Nigeria’s target geographies and reports to the Director of Programs / Chief of Party.
- The position requires travel of about 40%.
Market Research and Evaluation:
- PSI Nigeria research centers around formative insight through qualitative and quantitative research to improve the design of interventions, implementation science to better understand how to deliver existing interventions more effectively and market analysis to understand the broader context of health issues and responses, and evaluation to measure how programs are doing. The role will provide technical leadership for PSI Nigeria by ensuring that research and learning activities are well-planned, strategic, rigorous, and budgeted for. In addition, this role will ensure compliance with Nigerian regulations and PSI research ethics and policies for research.
- Support consumer insights research and research collaborations using both qualitative and quantitative methods, such as ethnography, structured interviews, and surveys that support various kinds of segmentation.
- Participate in the design and implementation of a range of qualitative and quantitative research studies in collaboration with PSI global and region- or project-specific researchers to further the goals of PSI Nigeria programs.
- Leverage digital data collection methods and design research focused on digital health interventions
- Lead data analysis, including exploratory analysis, data quality checks, final analysis, visualization, and final data presentation, for both quantitative and qualitative studies.
- Elevate key market insights – from secondary data analysis and from primary data collection – to drive PSI Nigeria’s strategic direction and programmatic decision-making
Routine Performance Monitoring:
- The Senior RME Manager will lead PSI Nigeria’s efforts to define and implement the program’s indicators of success, develop teams’ capacity, and grow the culture of using routine monitoring data to continuously improve, and demonstrate accountability to our stakeholders.
- Supervise M&E team: Manage teams leading the development and implementation of results framework and monitoring plans for tracking performance of country projects and programs.
- Data for performance management: Lead on implementation of a strategy to promote use of data to inform performance management decision-making by country teams and programs in the country. The SRME manager will facilitate and support use and transform routine and research findings into evidence-informed program actions by implementing data to action frameworks, facilitating data use workshops, and developing appropriate formats to communicate research results to different audiences.
- Data quality: Lead on planning, budgeting, and implementation of the data quality activities in the country to ensure the country program is meeting standards set with regards to data quality and consumer data protection.
- Information systems & technology innovation: Support implementation of information systems (in particular, DHIS2) to provide relevant, timely and high-quality routine monitoring data for the country team and programs.
Leadership and Management:
- Provide remote and in-person supervision of research and M&E team members to effectively manage, quality assure and use routine data. Manage the team in such a way that:
- Team members feel valued and have continuous capacity building.
- Routine monitoring and research study budgets and operational plans are planed for and monitored during implementation.
- Competing priorities are managed with clear communication to stakeholders at PSI Nigeria and PSI global teams.
New Business Development:
- Contribute to new business development by providing input or reviewing proposals.
- Develop or review M&E frameworks and M&E plans for proposals.
What Are We Looking For?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Collaboration: You can work independently but thrive within a team.
- Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
- Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous, and you don’t let perfect get in the way of good enough.
- Honesty: You aren’t afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
- Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
- Commitment: You’re independent and a free thinker, but you’re ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (Statistics, Public Health, Epidemiology, Anthropology, Development, Demography).
- 7 years of relevant experience in market research and research, monitoring and evaluation and at least 3 years supporting research or M&E activities for a country-wide program.
- Proven experience of capacity building staff (both technical and non-technical) on use of data for performance management.
- Experience in implementation of DHIS2 and mobile technology solutions for data management.
- Excellent written, verbal, and inter-personal communication skills. A strong communicator with a proven ability to explain data-related concepts to a non-technical audience in a way that they understand and appreciate. Experienced with proactively managing communications with project stakeholders across countries and teams.
- Language skills: Fluent English is essential.
- Ability to travel locally up to 40%.
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
- Strong mastery of market research approaches, including analysis of existing data and design of data collection activities (such as consumer insight and stakeholder interviews) where necessary
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research methodologies, study implementation, and data analysis.
- Experience with digital health campaigns, such as on Facebook, WhatsApp, web advertising, etc.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing a data quality plans
- Research on health financing and health insurance enrollment
- Extensive experience with peer-reviewed publications
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply