Visa operates the world’s largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa’s card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in over 200 countries and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Sales Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
- To provide support to the Sales team by providing technical & business knowledge of payment acceptance processes and associated services (including fraud, payment security & 3D-Secure). The role will require an ability to work closely with the regional Sales team, internal operations team, product teams to ensure that new clients are integrated successfully.
- Provide deep technical consultancy services to support proof of concept design, programmatic technical expertise around Cybersource SOAP and REST APIs, hosted payment acceptance through XML to tier 0& 1 clients with respect to implementing and configuring the CyberSource products & services for optimum transaction services.
- The scope of the role pertains to servicing the CEMEA region supporting tier 0 & 1 clients using independent decision making/autonomy for a combination of net new & existing install base clients that use either a single or combination of the CyberSource core products & services including but not limited to: New Gateway implementation/enhancement, Payment Acceptance, Payment Security & Risk Services & Systems Architecture.
- Develop in-depth subject matter expert knowledge of CyberSource products through research, implementation, and testing in order to act as subject matter expert with prospective customers through a series of self-enabled product & services learning through deep technical testing & architecture analysis of services; with additional support where applicable through line manager.
- Maintain accurate & current product & services knowledge through knowledge sharing via global teams & working collaboratively with product teams across CyberSource & Visa through a series of self-enabled product & services technical testing & investigative exercises.
- Develop & maintain a working knowledge of current mainstream eCommerce platform providers including, but not limited to SAP, PrestaShop, WooCommerce, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, and Magento, with a view to ensuring clarity around key specifics of features & functions that are supported to allow for application in presales & service delivery situation.
- Provide training on the CyberSource products & services to customers either as classroom-based or as train the trainer sessions. Produce clear and precise documentation for clients based on business and functional requirements for successful deployment of the CyberSource products & service.
- Write & develop small internal computer applications to provide proof-of-concept ideas, test CyberSource products, and troubleshoot client issues by providing assistance to CyberSource prospects in partnership with the broader Global Sales Engineering and Delivery team and line manager and through the application of knowledge and experience through self-enablement.
- To troubleshoot client issues by providing assistance to CyberSource prospects, existing clients & the CEMEA sales team during presales, solution design, & service delivery phases in partnership with the broader Global Sales Engineering and Delivery team.
- Support sales engagements in the form of RFPs, technical solution demonstrations, whiteboarding sessions, solution design, requirements identification, and solution validation/feasibility during the sales life cycle for the commercial value proposition of net new and upsell activities across the CEMEA region.
- Supervision of the project lifecycle for client implementations including Project planning and Estimation, RAID management with detailed reporting activity around all project phases, timelines & impacts/forecasted P &L impact.
- Accountable and responsible for the successful implementation, deployment, and launch of net new clients launching with the Cybersource services that result in net new revenue for strategic enterprise clients.
- Engage, support & work collaboratively with Tier 0 and Tier 1 type clients (Acquirers, Payment Facilitators, Marketplaces) across the card-not-present space within the following verticals: Retail, Travel, Digital, Financial, Telco’s, government & gaming.
- Ability to work independently on customer sites with minimal supervision around the CEMEA region.
Required Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent.
- Significant demonstrable experience of providing ongoing consultancy to Tier 0 & 1 type level merchants over prolonged periods of time across multiple verticals including travel, retails, digital, telco, gaming, government and financial.
- Substantial experience in communicating technical concepts in a clear and articulate fashion to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong track record in high customer focus and attention to detail
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Fully fluent in mainstream software applications for writing, presentation, data management
- Experience in technical programming for the implementation of web service environment across hosted service platforms (Web and Mobile)
- The ability to speak a second language would be preferred (e.g. French)
- 8 to 10 years experience of the eCommerce/Card not present/industry with specific emphasis on payments, risk management & payment security or a similar technology service delivery industry.
- Significant & active experience working as a sales engineer or software engineer in a technical and commercial environment.
- Experience in cross-functional collaboration between technical, service delivery, support & commercial facing teams.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the intermediary level of programming & scripting skills (Java, PHP, C++/.NET, HTML, etc.) for effective implementation of the CyberSource products & services.
- Committed to service excellence and added value through exceeding client expectations and anticipating client needs. Works in close partnership with clients to achieve their aims and develop a mutually beneficial working relationship
- Contributes effectively to the achievement of organizational vision through teamwork. Adapts communication style to situations and audiences.
- Achieves results by driving self and others to achieve results and surpass goals using sound processes that reflect governance discipline and efficiencies. Consistently strives to achieve and improve upon quality standards expected by colleagues and clients. Works across boundaries and in partnership with others to achieve goals.
- Champions innovative projects and demonstrates a commitment to business excellence by consistently executing against deliverables
- Demonstrates consistent levels of resilience and a willingness to adapt to changing organizational needs while role modeling company values
- Actively transfers learning and insights to others, regardless of whether the role has people management responsibilities
- Explains complex issues in simple terms; aims to create understanding regardless of seniority or audience
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to think laterally and consider the organizational strategy
- Able to pioneer new ideas, adapt processes, and create new solutions with broader stakeholder support
- Takes full ownership of a task, not deterred by internal issues. Retains composure under pressure; uses an appropriate balance of logic and emotion to resolve issues
- Maintains and promotes open communication channels and sharing information to achieve a common objective. Challenges organizational culture and processes that are barriers to working collaboratively.
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence; understands team dynamics; builds constructive and effective relationships. Effectively resolves the conflict between individuals and/or teams.
- Makes a positive impact by executing on commitments to consistently deliver exemplary results. Build support, commitment, and respect from others by demonstrating professionalism, integrity, and expertise. Considered a valuable source of expertise and knowledge.
- Develops Self and others to ensure all are equipped with appropriate skills. Creates an environment of continuous improvement and an environment in which others can excel
- As with all positions within the Company, the jobholder is responsible for the security of the Visa International environment and the physical security of all Visa property, documentation, and member information.
Health and Safety :
- Give full support to the Company’s health and safety policy and ensure that the policy is effectively implemented, and all relevant health and safety legislation is complied with within their area of responsibility and within budgeted resources.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply