Adexen – Our client, a leading maritime and shipping group is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Sales Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
- Adexen was mandated by a leading maritime and shipping group to recruit a Senior Sales Manager for its operations. The position is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Lead and Coach the Sales Team
- Monitors the day-to-day performance of their sales team.
- Acts as a representative of the company to the sales force and to customers.
- The major emphasis of the job is on management with a largely tactical focus
- Executes the sales plan and is responsible for achieving objectives in regards to revenue, volume and contribution.
- Directly supervises, manages and controls the sales team function according to the guidelines set by his/her direct superior.
- Assigns actions areas and targets for the sales force.
- Approves sales reports prepared by sales staff in analysis meetings.
- Develops sales support activities and performs regular visits if necessary.
- Escalates to his/her superior exceptional cases that escape standard rules but may benefit the company.
- Prepares and revises daily activity schedules, maintains records per sales executive and key accounts.
- Ensures that the sales territory meets or exceeds volume/ revenue/ contribution objectives.
- Communicates effectively all account specifics to the Customer Service and Sales departments to ensure top-level service and competitive pricing.
- Develops sales strategies to increase business.
- Negotiates and completes customer bids and contracts.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university
- Good customer contacts / contacts
- Strong teamwork and interaction with Sales, Customer Service, Operations and Business
- Administration departments, with a view to find synergies across departments
- Management experience and leadership skills.
- MBA is a plus
- Possess at least 10 years of experience in the shipping business and out of which at least 5 years as Sales Manager
- Previous work experience within an international company
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter