Pangaea is on a mission to connect consumers around the world with brands they love. We believe that what you buy is an expression of who you are. By empowering brands to reach a global scale, we’re building a smaller, more expressive world.
We collect and analyze consumer purchase and behavioral data to create premium, international-first brands for the world’s fastest growing e-commerce markets. Our brands are built on a proprietary internationalization platform with competencies across warehousing / logistics, globally distributed performance creative, compliance and payments.
Since our launch in 2018, we’ve sold our products in 60 different countries. We have grown to over 100 employees and contractors across several locations in the world. Backed by Google’s AI Gradient Ventures, we’re a rapidly growing startup poised to become a leader in the Direct to Consumer industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Remote, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
- We’re looking for someone to lead the design and architecture of building our new E-commerce Platform.
- This platform will handle e-commerce tools, tax/duty calculations, subscription management, and storefront capabilities for our own internal brands for millions of visitors a year.
- You will be responsible for pushing tasks, making technical decisions and writing maintainable, good-quality code. The scope of the features that you will work on may change on a monthly basis depending on the priorities of the team. You will be expected to have a thorough understanding of web applications, back-end architecture and well-designed schema structures.
- We are a big fan of product-minded engineers who can tackle problems without the need for overly scoped out guidelines. We love engineers who put importance to the value of the features that are being built, and a successful candidate should not only be able to execute the project scope given but also ideate with the product owners & engineers on the team. While technical ability is very important to engineers at Pangaea, we expect this role to also be a team lead whose responsibilities often extend beyond purely technical ownership.
- You will work closely with the Product Manager of the team to understand technical tasks that need to be pushed. A successful candidate should be able to work with other engineers on the team and should oversee that the technical velocity + code quality are properly balanced throughout the building phase of the project. You will be working closely with the Head of Engineering to collaborate on technical decisions but also on the team’s morale and hiring needs.
- 4+ years working as a Full Stack Engineer.
- Great sense of API design and data modeling (in relational databases like MySQL / Postgres)
- Experience working with React, Redux
- Experience building APIs with Node + Express
- Experience in Laravel is a plus but not required.
- Experience in a large scale refactor / re-architecture (Monolith to SoA is a plus)
- Aww proven track record of technical leadership through large scale projects
- Product and Business acumen, the first customers of this platform are our own brands
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the Logistics or E-commerce industry is a huge plus.
Current Technologies We Use:
- Docker, AWS, TypeScript, React, NextJS, Laravel (PHP), Node