Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer – HTS
Position Reports to: State Team Lead
- The Senior technical officer HTS will lead and ensure sustainable, high quality and client focused targeted HTS, as well as linkage to ART and other prevention services. This will be provided in line with national requirements and standards.
- S/he will support to ensure un-interrupted supply of commodities/consumables and develop strategies to strengthen referrals between facility and community based HTS points and the relevant health facilities for appropriate referral of clients.
- Lead in the coordination of community and Facility based HTS for the target population interest with the states.
- Work to establish and strengthen effective referral linkage within facility and community-based HTS, GBV and PrEP.
- Coordinate capacity building activities such as HTS, PNS, IPV, adherence counselling and behavioral change initiative for providers.
- Produce and ensure timely submission of monthly program activity reports for data triangulation with M&E unit of the project.
- S/he provides HIV testing to priority populations according to the national HIV testing protocols and guidelines
- S/he ensures that HIV testing quality assurance practices are always performed at all times according to the national requirements.
- S/he establishes and strengthens good working relationship with other implementing partners and stakeholders.
- S/he performs any other duty as assigned by the State Team Lead.
- Collaborate with SPIU to lead, develop strategies and implement HTS strategies in the state
- Lead evidence-based surge HTS implementation in collaboration with SPIU
- Coordinate, train and support human resource team implementing HTS services
- Collaborate with state reference laboratories to implement proficiency testing and other diagnostic quality assurance.
- Assist in developing M&E prevention tools related to HIV testing at facilities and communities
- Coordinate mapping of community and facility services and the development of referral directory (including spoke, PMTCT site).
- Advanced Degree or equivalent experience in public health, health sciences, sociology, or related health, medical, or social science discipline; Masters-level degree preferred
- Minimum of at least eight (8) years of experience in design and implementation of HIV testing services for community and health facilities
- Computer proficient skills in Excel, Word processing. Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Good strategic and analytical thinking and ability to interpret public health and epidemiological data
- Familiarity with USAID regulations is desired.
- Experience in driving SURGE-level access to HTS including rapid HIV testing, “provider-initiated” testing and testing (PITC) in medical settings, and facility- and community-based HTS, including targeted index testing, HIV Self Testing and recency testing.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using “Senior Technical Officer – HTS” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as One Single Word document
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Application Deadline 1st September, 2021.