Wartsila is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Service Engineer (4 Stroke)
Function: Service Delivery
Job Category: Engineering
What Will You Be Doing?
- Take a leading role and assist with all work being carried out while maintaining good morale and team spirit.
- Be aware of the local work instructions for overhauling components and ensure they are understood and adhered to.
- Provide accurate and timely solutions whilst maintaining a high service quality level across all allocated jobs.
- Liaise with customer on site handling enquiries and technical queries.
- Adopt a pleasant, adaptable attitude to assist Company staff with any “ad-hoc” duties that may be required.
- Execute planned maintenances and repairing jobs on Wärtsilä OEM engines and it’s auxiliaries overhaul engine components at site/on board.
- Perform commissioning of Wärtsilä equipment.
- Carry out engine product troubleshooting, routine maintenance & components investigation
- Prepare service work reports and travel expense reports on time and with expected Wärtsilä quality informing administrative personnel as required.
- Identify failures, making adjustments, assist on trial runs and testing.
- Actively advise and promote available products and solutions to customers.
- Liaise closely with the Service Coordinator to provide progress status of the assigned work and ensure service deadlines are met.
- Ensure that all activities on-site are carried out in accordance with the site safety rules and in compliance with the Company’s Health and Safety obligations and is in line with applicable Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental Standards.
- Ensure that all timesheets (signed by customer) and expense sheets are submitted on a weekly basis.
- Submit accurate and high-quality service work reports within 48 hours of returning home from assigned jobs.
- Carry out all tasks in such a way as to ensure maximum (internal and external) satisfaction at all times.
- In addition to the above duties and responsibilities, the post holder must be prepared to undertake such additional duties within their capabilities which may result from changing circumstances, but which may not of necessity, change the general character or level of responsibility of the position.
You Will Shine in this Role When You Have
- A formal Education qualification within Engineering field e.g., B.Eng / HND / HNC.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Wartsila engines and associated products or other related OEMs.
- A proven background within an Engineering/Service environment.
- High attention to detail with a methodical approach & practical problem-solving skill.
- IT literate with knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Excellent communicator, written and verbal.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written.
- Willingness to learn, develop and gain a broad knowledge of Wartsila products.
- Sound knowledge of Wartsila quality, safety and environmental skills.
- Pro-active and independent individual with a team player attitude.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 19th June, 2022.