Phase3 Telecom is an aerial fiber optic network infrastructure provider, providing connectivity, network management and data storage services to wholesale, enterprise and retail customers across West Africa.The company was incorporated in 2003 and is headquartered in Abuja, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Service Support Engineer, Network Operations Center
Cadre: Assistant Manager
Reporting Manager: Head of Network Operations Center
- The Service Support Engineer is pivotal to service management for Phase3 as s/he oversees network surveillance and incident management activities which are at the core of the business.
- The NOC Engineer is to ensure maximum service availability and performance; to provide support services for Engineering and other technical teams.
- S/he provides business critical support to the customers ensuring confidence in service brand and perception. S/he see to the resolution of all service incidents.
- 24/7 network monitoring and surveillance via the Network Monitoring Systems.
- Perform network alarm analysis, correlation and interpretation
- Generate network availability and daily performance reports.
- See to the resolution of service incidents
- Provide support to the NOC manager in handling service problems
- Opening and recording of incident details of trouble-ticket whenever there is an incident on the network
- Manage customer escalations and provide effective customer service communication
- Manage the communication with the field support engineers and other third party on the SLA/KPI fulfillment.
Academy and Education background:
- HND / BSC in Electrical Engineering / Telecommunication / Electronic / Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in network operations and service support
- Can carry out testing using IP and optical network tools
- Knowledge of IP/MPLS network platforms
- Ability to manage network monitoring platforms
- Customer support
- Managing teams
- Knowledge of routing and switching
- LAN troubleshooting
- IP address management
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good knowledge of IP Access and Transmission networks
- Ability to think quickly, take the initiative and willingness to make judgment calls
- Customer engagement and management
- Good Knowledge of data analytics, Microsoft Excel and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] with the title of the position as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 9th April, 2021.